Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: James Harrison cut

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Lewis is long gone, expected to make 6-8 Million per year. They stopped trying and signed Gay.
    There was no way they ever had a shot at keeping Lewis.

Personally I don't see this happening, but I am not against whatever the Ravens deem fit. I see him going to the Browns or Saints, however we've been surprised by this frontoffice's moves in the past. Maybe they like what they see and I've heard the rumblings that there is mutual interest between the two parties.

If this is just a one year deal where he gets on the field and they have Ellerbe and may Upshaw/McClain maybe in the middle, why not? It would be Suggs, Ellerbe, Upshaw/McClain and Harrison = wow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    I don't buy it until it happens. Agent could be trying to drum up interest.

Harrison

Ozzie has said today we are very interested. Maybe someone can find the quote.

Not sure what I'd make of us signing him. He's a damn good player and him, Suggs and upshaw rotating would be nice. He also wouldn't need to see as many snaps as he was in Pitts with upshaw there, so that will help with his injury.

But the guys an ass and as above, he's had bad knees and back lately, he's also what 36?

How would yous all feel?

Re: Harrison

Merge this, didnt see the other thread on him

Blog Entries

Nope, don't want. We don't need to sign a 36 year old ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Nope, don't want. We don't need to sign a 36 year old ILB.
    He's an olb, you know the ones that has been one of the bets pass rushers the past few years apart from the season just gone?

Blog Entries

I have to say I'm incredible intrigued at the reception he would get were the Ravens to actually sign him. Since the Ravens and Steelers rivalry has really been the top in the NFL, no players have switched sides, especially a high profile one like Harrison. I don't know how I feel about it. I think he can contribute but I don't know about this.

Not interested in him.

I'd rent him for cheap. I love the Canty signing.

Blog Entries

Idk man, I'm in two minds about this.

Always wanted to see Sizzle and Harrison play together outside of the pro bowl just to see what could be, but he's just really old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I have to say I'm incredible intrigued at the reception he would get were the Ravens to actually sign him. Since the Ravens and Steelers rivalry has really been the top in the NFL, no players have switched sides, especially a high profile one like Harrison. I don't know how I feel about it. I think he can contribute but I don't know about this.
    Dennis Dixon says hello. No, but seriously I agree with your point and no real stars have switched from purple to piss or vice versa. Would be weird.

Blog Entries

wow, if we sign Harrison this board will be a roller coaster of emotions. I honestly don't know how i'd feel about this. Although if he pummels Big Ben a couple times I could start forgiving him for his "transgressions"

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Idk man, I'm in two minds about this.

Always wanted to see Sizzle and Harrison play together outside of the pro bowl just to see what could be, but he's just really old.
    Take a step back and ask yourself what our OLB situation looked like this time last year: On paper, we were in even worse shape, having just lost JJ, with Suggs possibly out for the entire season, and nothing but an unproven career backup/part-timer (Kruger) to step into the void. If Harrison makes sense now, he (or another player like him) would have made even more sense then.

So what would the result have been? We'd have gotten his 6 sacks, while Kruger played in spot-duty, for the cost of both their salaries ($4-5Mil combined). Instead, we got 9 1/2 sacks from Kruger still playing on his rookie contract, freeing up $3-4Mil to address other needs - about exactly what it cost to bring in Jacoby Jones.

Upshaw was drafted to be a starting OLB - it's time to let him. We have other needs and uses for that money.