Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Boldin

Da'Rick Rogers please.

Get it worked out Ozzie. We finally found the middle of the field....

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Why would you cut him to do that? We'd have to move up in the draft to get Tavon
    Depending on how free agency goes, I think Tavon will fall to us. But, if not too steep of a price, I think I'd trade up to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Could this be Caldwell saying he would rather have x player in the draft or y player in free agency to play the role of Q in the offense? Maybe he values a different skillset more than Q's. I know when he was in Indy they seemed to have quicker guys in the slot so maybe he wants a guy like Tavon or Swope.
    I was thinking the same, but then I thought if that's the case then just release him outright.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Well also in the playoff he had some good matchups. I'm pretty sure every team besides the Pats put their #2 corner in him. And when he faced Talib he struggled. Then Talib left with an injury. He did not face off against Vontae Davis, Bailey, or Carlos Rogers. Probably the best corner besides Talib he faced off against was Chris Harris and Boldin has the size advantage. It was an easy slate matchups wise for Boldin in the playoffs because teams views Torrey as the bigger threat.

This is ridiculous news IF it's not a bluff. We really cannot afford to go into next season without Boldin on this team. I would rather have him here, this year, at his current cap hit, than any of the players we might be losing, including Ed Reed. And I'd rather keep him than Leach or Jacoby Jones too.

I would love to see this turn into a 2-3 year "retire a Raven" extension for him. I'll be thrilled if the FO convinces him to take less money to stay, but if he winds up getting released, that's just terrible. Someone WILL pay him, and Flacco trusts him in a big way. He can make plays while covered and no one else on this team is very good at that.

I cannot fathom what we're looking to use that cap space to do, unless we're trying to make a move for one of the better left tackles to protect Flacco. There's no defensive player out there, including our own, that would be worth such a loss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    Depending on how free agency goes, I think Tavon will fall to us. But, if not too steep of a price, I think I'd trade up to get him.
    My point is, we don't need to clear cap space for Tavon, and cutting Boldin doesn't help us trade up.

If anything, I'd say if we wanted Tavon, trade Jacoby Jones for some picks (he won't net us a 1st round), then use those picks (and some of our own) to make an offer for a mid 1st round pick to take Tavon.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I was thinking the same, but then I thought if that's the case then just release him outright.
    I think Caldwell would still want him but at the right price.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Da'Rick Rogers please.
    Yes, please.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Back in December, when the team was stumbling and Boldin's numbers weren't all that, his "cap casualty" status was a given.

The thought then was they'd either release him or do a 3 year deal to make cap space. I think even then when we were discussing that option, the question was whether he would age like Mason and stay productive till he's 35, or whether this was it. Nobody really had a strong lean one way or another, as I recall the discussion.

Boldin's playoff performance, as great as it was, cannot change the mathematics of this situation, though it might incline us to think he's got a couple more quality years left in him. We've known all along this is what it would come to; it's just harder now that (a) the day has actually arrived, and (b) Boldin turned into Superman during the playoffs.

I think it'll all depend on whether Q was the perfect fit for Caldwell's offense going forward, or whether Caldwell just found better was to use him than Cam did (shocker) despite his perhaps not being exactly what Caldwell would prefer. If Caldwell wants him, we'll figure out a way. Q knows what the market is for him, and the Ravens can certainly structure a contract that reflects that, if that's what they want.

Release and re-sign is also a strong possibility, so I wouldn't take a release as meaning the end of anything either.
    If we release him, I don't see him returning. We're not going to release him and sign him back at the same salary. And if he'd agree to lower pay here, why not just agree to an extension or pay cut?

The only thing releasing him does is get him a clearer picture of his worth to other teams. And believe me, I think another team would overvalue him over we want to pay him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Hoping that 32nd draft pick, or any moving up above that, would be used to get one of those great DT's available this year.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

It is about the money. Big cap hit for a 33 year old.

I def think they want to keep him, but not at 7 mill.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.