Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I understand where those who say it's a business decision are coming from. However, it's also good business to keep your customers, those who don't understand the business, happy and coming back for more. The Ravens have just won the SB, they are on a high. They need to ride that high into the next season. This is not your average off-season. They should do everything they can to keep Boldin, and all the big contributors.

Do you know where I heard this song before? After SB 35, when cutting Dilfer "made sense." Well, I still say it was the wrong decision. Over any other off-season, yes. But not right after you won the SB. It's a similar story here.
    I'd love to keep every good player that the ravens have but there is a thing called the salary cap which is designed to not let teams keep all their players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Boldin News (Merged)

What is the point in drafting and signing this undrafted talent if you're just going to let them sit on their ass for years on end? It doesn't always work out, but you have to be willing to try. Especially, being a team that drafts so well. You got rid of Todd Heap. We all thought that it would be Ed Dickson's time. It ended up being Dennis Pitta's time and it worked out. You got rid of Kelly Gregg and we all thought it would be Terrance Cody's time. It did not work out.

There is a reason that you draft these guys. You identify your few long term 'core' players and you pump guys in and out around them. Joe is a core long term player. As is Torrey Smith. The passing offense starts with him. The double team he receives now takes the top CB out of the picture and allows the rest of the passing offense to run.

Boldin might end up staying, but he is not a core long term player. You think Boldin would be doing what he's doing against top corners?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I don't know if Boldin went vs the top corners in the league during the playoffs, but they were the best teams in the league and those CBs got them there and he beat them all.

Blog Entries

EDIT - Nevermind. Boldin had 11 targets, 6 catches, 71 yards.

Still, Torrey and JJ had the more memorable catches in that game, Boldin was most consistent though
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

If we cut Boldin, I see him ending up with a team like the Pats. They've got an undersized receiving corps, and would love to have a beast like Boldin. And you can bet bellichik would figure out how to use him. They would gladly take him for 2 years if we Sony pony up some money to extend him.

Blog Entries

Boldin is a vet leader, a mentor to the young receivers, one of the best blocking receivers in the game, and a very dangerous weapon out of the slot. He is tough as nails and in every way embodies what it means to be a raven. He is worth every bit of his $6mil salary this season and is even more deserving of an extension. I'm hoping these media reports are just a bunch of bullshit. Losing Boldin would set our offense back several years. We would be back to 3 yards and a pile of dust. If they need to clear out $2mil in space that bad, do it somewhere else!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'd love to keep every good player that the ravens have but there is a thing called the salary cap which is designed to not let teams keep all their players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not every good player (Kruger is gone), but your star players at the skill positions, yes. You give them the victory lap over the next season, when you have won the SB.

Does anyone know if someone is putting together one of those online petitions, to keep him? If you do please divulge here. That might sway the FO some.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    EDIT - Nevermind. Boldin had 11 targets, 6 catches, 71 yards.

Still, Torrey and JJ had the more memorable catches in that game, Boldin was most consistent though

Actually, Boldin had 71 yards receiving with 19 yards his longest in Denver, so it was just 33 less yards than the SB where he had 104 yds receiving. Indy was his quietest game with 60 yards. Note he had 145 yds vs NY and that was about the time Caldwell came in to run things and went with the 3-WR set allowing those WRs to open up the middle for the TEs and Rice. Torrey opened up the outside for Boldin's heroics. Note how wide open the middle is where Pitta makes his TD catch or slightly to the right of it and note the great blocking by the o-line. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QBXtDyE3eo

Point is, Boldin had a great playoff season beating the best teams' corners.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4512/anquan-boldin

I thought JJ played for San Diego :).
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-10-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Jacoby Jones is the new JJ...lol

Colts was more memorable to me because he caught that TD with the defender's arm (or as we should come to know it as: The Boldin Special). Safe to say, THROUGHOUT the playoffs and Giants game, he was Joe's top WR.

Not to say Torrey couldn't take on that role eventually, but there would be a transition.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Yea, Great post on the Colts TD. I guess that's what people mean when they say Boldin doesn't get separation but he still made the catches. Torrey will be #1 when his time comes. He's still gaining experience, a lot of experience. Like I said, his speed is already opening things up for Boldin and the TEs, plus the addition of our new JJ-lol. Tons of speed they have to respect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You pay Flacco 20 million, because his is good enough to make the WRs look better than what they are. The most memorable passes we saw Jones catch, all came falling from the sky like rain. He didn't make any catches with CBs blanketing him. He didn't catch any lazers. He dropped the few that came his way. Boldin had to make catches blanketed, because he couldn't even get open. Yet, they make Flacco look good? Please. Let them go somewhere else so everybody can see what the real deal is.

The only reason Jones was even a contributor as a WR was, because they didn't ask him to start. Houston tried to make him a second WR and he couldn't beat out Kevin Walter to save his life. Let him go somewhere else, just like many of the Ravens that leave, so the fans can really find out what it is like.
    Dude, seriously, you were wrong. You really need to get over it and move on. It's OK, over time, everyone is going to wrong about something on these boards. It's no big deal.

But, seriously, your continued harping on this is a bit ridiculous. Jones dropped "a few", period. He was a great signing, period, regardless of how you continue to try and qualify it and act as if what happened didn't happen.

Without Jacoby Jones we don't win the SB. Seriously, just be happy you were wrong.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

I already admitted that he played better than I thought, and mostly as a returner. He's not going to have the same success against added attention in the passing offense. It was the same way in Houston. His best contributions were as a returner. When they asked him to step up as a WR he couldn't do it and even though he caught a few nice bombs in the playoffs, there was nothing in his game that showed me it'll be different if he's asked to start here.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore