Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Boldin News (Merged)

This alone makes JJ one of Ozzie's greatest signings. If he does nothing else this is the greatest. Then he makes another in the SB after getting us there plus the 100 yd run for TD and he almost won the SB MVP.

But this play gets us there. Note how Joe steps up in the pocket under pressure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKm5_D_W0Uw

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Everyone has had an idea that this would be the case at some point. The one thing I would not have done is ask Boldin to take a pay cut. If I truly felt the need to make space, and felt willing to let him go, I would have simply released him. Again, the man took less than what KC offered to come here and his trade was contingent on him agreeing to an extension with the team trading for him.

However, this 'Boldin made Flacco' shit is getting on my nerves. Just like Flacco, Boldin wasn't doing much under Cameron either. Yes, he catches his share of jump passes. However, most of the passes he catches are passes that, albeit still difficult, are placed where only he can come down with them. Plus, a major reason why so many of those catches are tough is, as Pat Kirwan has said several times, Boldin does not get separation. It's really putting more strain on Flacco than anything, to have to make such pinpoint passes. Someone with more athleticism wouldn't have to constantly make 'tough' catches, because they would actually get open.

I'm at the point now where I'm like, cut Boldin and Jones. Boldin got his ring. Let him go somewhere else, but if you think he's going to make an average QB look above average you will be disappointed. I never wanted Jones here in the first place and, although he played a little better than I thought he would, his best contributions were as a returner. For 4.9 million, even if they don't sign Randy Moss, I'd rather let Deonte Thompson develop into that role with Doss in the slot and Austin as the return man who initially finds his way on the field to start his career.

You pay Flacco 20 million, because his is good enough to make the WRs look better than what they are. The most memorable passes we saw Jones catch, all came falling from the sky like rain. He didn't make any catches with CBs blanketing him. He didn't catch any lazers. He dropped the few that came his way. Boldin had to make catches blanketed, because he couldn't even get open. Yet, they make Flacco look good? Please. Let them go somewhere else so everybody can see what the real deal is.

The only reason Jones was even a contributor as a WR was, because they didn't ask him to start. Houston tried to make him a second WR and he couldn't beat out Kevin Walter to save his life. Let him go somewhere else, just like many of the Ravens that leave, so the fans can really find out what it is like.
    You say Boldin make catches with defenders all over him bc he lack speed then say JJ who has speed can't make the same plays unless it looks like rain falling out the sky. I am confused bc they both made big plays in the playoffs so who cares how it's done. Joe under threw JJ on that Denver TD n the Superbowl TD where JJ had to slow down both times. Plus most deep passes has air under so that the WR can run under it. I hardly seen Joe hit a WR in stride on a consistent basis it's either over or under thrown more so for you to say Boldin or JJ didn't help Flacco that's crazy. Oh, where was Torrey while slow covered Boldin and rain drop catching JJ was making plays to win that SB? Doss? Williams?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Cam = dumb
    Quan = misused

Caldwell = smart
    Playoff Quan = zona rebirth

Extension = needed

Didn't bother reading thread, did I miss anything?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1tz View Post
    Cam = dumb
    Quan = misused

Caldwell = smart
    Playoff Quan = zona rebirth

Extension = needed

Didn't bother reading thread, did I miss anything?
    And you forgot Joe Flacco = Joe "King of the Jews" Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Does anyone know if someone is putting together one of those online petitions, to keep him? If you do please divulge here. That might sway the FO some.
    Yep. Those on line fan petitions do for NFL contract negotiations what "Have a nice day" did for clinical depression.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

OK, so we really know nothing about what is going on, but we're ready to curcify the Ravens' FO?

Let's see - we all knew that they would approach Boldin to try and reduce his Cap number. To do so, they have to lower his 2013 base salary. In essence, that's a paycut right there.

For those mentioning the Matt Birk deal, Matt did also technically take a paycut - his base salary went down from the last year of his prior deal to the first year of his new deal. He did get a bonus, so it wasn't really a pay cut, but it could have been stated that way.

All we've heard is a "pay cut", but that could still be part of an extension (similar to Birk's situation). Again, we are short on details at this point.

So, where did the "paycut" info come from?

IMO, it's likely that his agent spread the word. Why? Because (1) it exerts pressure on the Ravens and (2) it let's the world know that Anquan is not retiring and (3) possibly starts some chatter amongst potential suitors so that the agent can gauge what kind of potential deals he might get elsewhere to help him evaluate what the Ravens are offering.

My point is that without knowing the details, it's really hard to know what the facts are and form an informed opinion.

Lastly, for anyone who's paid any attention to this team - Ozzie loves Anquan Boldin. He wanted to draft him in 2003 and he worked on trading for him over 2 different offseasons. He loves the way Boldin plays. Ozzie is going to do what is best for the Ravens, but I find it hard to believe that he's going to do it by insulting a player that he loves.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I already admitted that he played better than I thought, and mostly as a returner. He's not going to have the same success against added attention in the passing offense. It was the same way in Houston. His best contributions were as a returner. When they asked him to step up as a WR he couldn't do it and even though he caught a few nice bombs in the playoffs, there was nothing in his game that showed me it'll be different if he's asked to start here.
    LOL, "better than you thought"? Based on your posts over the summer, he did a lot more than just "better than you thought".

Come on, how about you just stop trying to minimize what he did?

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    LOL, "better than you thought"? Based on your posts over the summer, he did a lot more than just "better than you thought".

Come on, how about you just stop trying to minimize what he did?
    BMore, just move on. He's salty about the FO not going after Moss and is still pounding the table somewhere for the ravens to bring Moss here yet again.

Blog Entries

OK, so we really know nothing about what is going on, but we're ready to curcify the Ravens' FO?

Let's see - we all knew that they would approach Boldin to try and reduce his Cap number. To do so, they have to lower his 2013 base salary. In essence, that's a paycut right there.

For those mentioning the Matt Birk deal, Matt did also technically take a paycut - his base salary went down from the last year of his prior deal to the first year of his new deal. He did get a bonus, so it wasn't really a pay cut, but it could have been stated that way.

All we've heard is a "pay cut", but that could still be part of an extension (similar to Birk's situation). Again, we are short on details at this point.

IMO, it's likely that his agent spread the word. Why? Because (1) it exerts pressure on the Ravens and (2) it let's the world know that Anquan is not retiring and (3) possibly starts some chatter amongst potential suitors so that the agent can gauge what kind of potential deals he might get elsewhere to help him evaluate what the Ravens are offering.

My point is that without knowing the details, it's really hard to know what the facts are and form an informed opinion.

Lastly, for anyone who's paid any attention to this team - Ozzie loves Anquan Boldin. He wanted to draft him in 2003 and he worked on trading for him over 2 different offseasons. He loves the way Boldin plays. Ozzie is going to do what is best for the Ravens, but I find it hard to believe that he's going to do it by insulting a player that he loves.
    Best post of this thread. We have no idea what's really happening.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
    The Ravens want Anquan Boldin to take a $2M pay cut. They want him to make $4M a season. Could he get more on the open market? I say yes.

OK, so - if true - sounds more like an extension that averages $4M per season.

Blog Entries

OK, so - if true - sounds more like an extension that averages $4M per season.
    That would make sense. I hope he takes it. Honestly I don't think he'll make more on the open market.