Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Boldin

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider One more thing on Boldin, Ravens don't have to cut him per se because they are under the cap, $12.263 million under But they want more space

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Oh well, as much as this sucks they were bound to be faced with the decision sooner or later.

Now the whole Ravens are old and over the hill mantra can be put to bed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider One more thing on Boldin, Ravens don't have to cut him per se because they are under the cap, $12.263 million under But they want more space
    So no need to panic just yet basically.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by middleriverterp View Post
    Q said he wanted to stay a Raven or retire, I guess the question is, "How badly do you want to be a Raven?"
    There's been rumors he's been rethinking this statement as of late. Sounds like CincyCat could get his wish...if Boldin is cut, I see him signing on somewhere else for another year or two.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Teams that pay players on past performance are not in the playoffs every year.

Asking him to restructure is perfectly reasonable at this point.
    Doesn't sound like it's a restructure. It's asking him to take a pay cut. Two separate things.

6. Re: Boldin

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    I have to presume Leach is getting cut by Tuesday. Cutting him is a bit of a no brainer. Paying Leach, but not paying Boldin, would be crazy.
    THIS ^
    :grbac:

The problem with this is that there is no one proven to step into Boldin's role in the offense. Doss seems to be assumed to be the guy but he has not done jack to show he can. If you are going to pay your QB top dollar not only do you need a LT but you need a good receiving core with trusted weapons. Flacco does not immediately connect with receivers. It took Boldin a few years and a new offensive coordinator to gain Flacco's trust that he would make the tough catches in coverage. Jacoby has bad hands and everyone loves to say Doss has the best hands, but then what happened in the Colts game? 2 drops. I'm afraid this would be a serious blow to a possible repeat.

Have folks forgotten about Heap or Mason?

This isn't a personal decision. It's a business one, one that has always kept this team in the playoff hunt.

I'd hate to see him go just as much as everyone, but its a huge cap number and I'd hate more we hold on to big contracts for sentimental reasons rather than doing what's best for the team as a whole.

Lets wait and see how this plays out.
    BUT I think we can all agree Heap and Mason were more or less done. Their careers fizzled out after they left, and Heap was already becoming less effective.

Boldin has years left in him clearly. Losing him would be a much bigger drop in talent on the team than replacing Heap with Pitta and Mason with Smith/Jones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    There's been rumors he's been rethinking this statement as of late.
    I never believed him in the first place. I thought it was either posturing or him conveying to the Ravens he'd be interested in a cap friendlier extension.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    BUT I think we can all agree Heap and Mason were more or less done. Their careers fizzled out after they left, and Heap was already becoming less effective.

Boldin has years left in him clearly. Losing him would be a much bigger drop in talent on the team than replacing Heap with Pitta and Mason with Smith/Jones.
    Heap, yes.

But this board went nuclear when Mason was booted. And nobody knew he was done until the following season.

Every year it's the same thing. Player X, who is either a fan favorite and has a high cap hit, gets let go and fans explode, all the while those same fans forget that year after year we are able to reload and remain in the hunt.

I want Q back. Badly. But not at the expense of handcuffing the team and certainly not for sentimental reasons.

Right player, right price.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Doesn't sound like it's a restructure. It's asking him to take a pay cut. Two separate things.
    That may just be bargaining posturing.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Have folks forgotten about Heap or Mason?

This isn't a personal decision. It's a business one, one that has always kept this team in the playoff hunt.

I'd hate to see him go just as much as everyone, but its a huge cap number and I'd hate more we hold on to big contracts for sentimental reasons rather than doing what's best for the team as a whole.

Lets wait and see how this plays out.
    Gotta make room for Jake Long. ;-)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.