Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 686
  1. #436
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)



    EDIT - Nevermind. Boldin had 11 targets, 6 catches, 71 yards.

    Still, Torrey and JJ had the more memorable catches in that game, Boldin was most consistent though
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  2. #437
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ellicott City
    Posts
    306

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    If we cut Boldin, I see him ending up with a team like the Pats. They've got an undersized receiving corps, and would love to have a beast like Boldin. And you can bet bellichik would figure out how to use him. They would gladly take him for 2 years if we Sony pony up some money to extend him.




  3. #438
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    Boldin is a vet leader, a mentor to the young receivers, one of the best blocking receivers in the game, and a very dangerous weapon out of the slot. He is tough as nails and in every way embodies what it means to be a raven. He is worth every bit of his $6mil salary this season and is even more deserving of an extension. I'm hoping these media reports are just a bunch of bullshit. Losing Boldin would set our offense back several years. We would be back to 3 yards and a pile of dust. If they need to clear out $2mil in space that bad, do it somewhere else!




  4. #439
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    1,173
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'd love to keep every good player that the ravens have but there is a thing called the salary cap which is designed to not let teams keep all their players.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not every good player (Kruger is gone), but your star players at the skill positions, yes. You give them the victory lap over the next season, when you have won the SB.

    Does anyone know if someone is putting together one of those online petitions, to keep him? If you do please divulge here. That might sway the FO some.




  5. #440
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    EDIT - Nevermind. Boldin had 11 targets, 6 catches, 71 yards.

    Still, Torrey and JJ had the more memorable catches in that game, Boldin was most consistent though

    Actually, Boldin had 71 yards receiving with 19 yards his longest in Denver, so it was just 33 less yards than the SB where he had 104 yds receiving. Indy was his quietest game with 60 yards. Note he had 145 yds vs NY and that was about the time Caldwell came in to run things and went with the 3-WR set allowing those WRs to open up the middle for the TEs and Rice. Torrey opened up the outside for Boldin's heroics. Note how wide open the middle is where Pitta makes his TD catch or slightly to the right of it and note the great blocking by the o-line. Enjoy:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QBXtDyE3eo

    Point is, Boldin had a great playoff season beating the best teams' corners.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4512/anquan-boldin


    I thought JJ played for San Diego .
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-10-2013 at 10:29 PM.




  6. #441
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    Jacoby Jones is the new JJ...lol

    Colts was more memorable to me because he caught that TD with the defender's arm (or as we should come to know it as: The Boldin Special). Safe to say, THROUGHOUT the playoffs and Giants game, he was Joe's top WR.

    Not to say Torrey couldn't take on that role eventually, but there would be a transition.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  7. #442
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    Yea, Great post on the Colts TD. I guess that's what people mean when they say Boldin doesn't get separation but he still made the catches. Torrey will be #1 when his time comes. He's still gaining experience, a lot of experience. Like I said, his speed is already opening things up for Boldin and the TEs, plus the addition of our new JJ-lol. Tons of speed they have to respect.




  8. #443

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You pay Flacco 20 million, because his is good enough to make the WRs look better than what they are. The most memorable passes we saw Jones catch, all came falling from the sky like rain. He didn't make any catches with CBs blanketing him. He didn't catch any lazers. He dropped the few that came his way. Boldin had to make catches blanketed, because he couldn't even get open. Yet, they make Flacco look good? Please. Let them go somewhere else so everybody can see what the real deal is.

    The only reason Jones was even a contributor as a WR was, because they didn't ask him to start. Houston tried to make him a second WR and he couldn't beat out Kevin Walter to save his life. Let him go somewhere else, just like many of the Ravens that leave, so the fans can really find out what it is like.
    Dude, seriously, you were wrong. You really need to get over it and move on. It's OK, over time, everyone is going to wrong about something on these boards. It's no big deal.

    But, seriously, your continued harping on this is a bit ridiculous. Jones dropped "a few", period. He was a great signing, period, regardless of how you continue to try and qualify it and act as if what happened didn't happen.

    Without Jacoby Jones we don't win the SB. Seriously, just be happy you were wrong.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  9. #444
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,369
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    I already admitted that he played better than I thought, and mostly as a returner. He's not going to have the same success against added attention in the passing offense. It was the same way in Houston. His best contributions were as a returner. When they asked him to step up as a WR he couldn't do it and even though he caught a few nice bombs in the playoffs, there was nothing in his game that showed me it'll be different if he's asked to start here.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  10. #445
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    This alone makes JJ one of Ozzie's greatest signings. If he does nothing else this is the greatest. Then he makes another in the SB after getting us there plus the 100 yd run for TD and he almost won the SB MVP.

    But this play gets us there. Note how Joe steps up in the pocket under pressure.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKm5_D_W0Uw




  11. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Everyone has had an idea that this would be the case at some point. The one thing I would not have done is ask Boldin to take a pay cut. If I truly felt the need to make space, and felt willing to let him go, I would have simply released him. Again, the man took less than what KC offered to come here and his trade was contingent on him agreeing to an extension with the team trading for him.

    However, this 'Boldin made Flacco' shit is getting on my nerves. Just like Flacco, Boldin wasn't doing much under Cameron either. Yes, he catches his share of jump passes. However, most of the passes he catches are passes that, albeit still difficult, are placed where only he can come down with them. Plus, a major reason why so many of those catches are tough is, as Pat Kirwan has said several times, Boldin does not get separation. It's really putting more strain on Flacco than anything, to have to make such pinpoint passes. Someone with more athleticism wouldn't have to constantly make 'tough' catches, because they would actually get open.

    I'm at the point now where I'm like, cut Boldin and Jones. Boldin got his ring. Let him go somewhere else, but if you think he's going to make an average QB look above average you will be disappointed. I never wanted Jones here in the first place and, although he played a little better than I thought he would, his best contributions were as a returner. For 4.9 million, even if they don't sign Randy Moss, I'd rather let Deonte Thompson develop into that role with Doss in the slot and Austin as the return man who initially finds his way on the field to start his career.

    You pay Flacco 20 million, because his is good enough to make the WRs look better than what they are. The most memorable passes we saw Jones catch, all came falling from the sky like rain. He didn't make any catches with CBs blanketing him. He didn't catch any lazers. He dropped the few that came his way. Boldin had to make catches blanketed, because he couldn't even get open. Yet, they make Flacco look good? Please. Let them go somewhere else so everybody can see what the real deal is.

    The only reason Jones was even a contributor as a WR was, because they didn't ask him to start. Houston tried to make him a second WR and he couldn't beat out Kevin Walter to save his life. Let him go somewhere else, just like many of the Ravens that leave, so the fans can really find out what it is like.
    You say Boldin make catches with defenders all over him bc he lack speed then say JJ who has speed can't make the same plays unless it looks like rain falling out the sky. I am confused bc they both made big plays in the playoffs so who cares how it's done. Joe under threw JJ on that Denver TD n the Superbowl TD where JJ had to slow down both times. Plus most deep passes has air under so that the WR can run under it. I hardly seen Joe hit a WR in stride on a consistent basis it's either over or under thrown more so for you to say Boldin or JJ didn't help Flacco that's crazy. Oh, where was Torrey while slow covered Boldin and rain drop catching JJ was making plays to win that SB? Doss? Williams?


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  12. #447
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    628

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    Cam = dumb
    Quan = misused

    Caldwell = smart
    Playoff Quan = zona rebirth

    Extension = needed

    Didn't bother reading thread, did I miss anything?




  13. #448
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bl1tz View Post
    Cam = dumb
    Quan = misused

    Caldwell = smart
    Playoff Quan = zona rebirth

    Extension = needed

    Didn't bother reading thread, did I miss anything?
    And you forgot Joe Flacco = Joe "King of the Jews" Flacco.




  14. #449
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ...somewhere on the Choptank..
    Posts
    588

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Does anyone know if someone is putting together one of those online petitions, to keep him? If you do please divulge here. That might sway the FO some.
    Yep. Those on line fan petitions do for NFL contract negotiations what "Have a nice day" did for clinical depression.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"




  15. #450

    Re: Boldin News (Merged)

    OK, so we really know nothing about what is going on, but we're ready to curcify the Ravens' FO?

    Let's see - we all knew that they would approach Boldin to try and reduce his Cap number. To do so, they have to lower his 2013 base salary. In essence, that's a paycut right there.

    For those mentioning the Matt Birk deal, Matt did also technically take a paycut - his base salary went down from the last year of his prior deal to the first year of his new deal. He did get a bonus, so it wasn't really a pay cut, but it could have been stated that way.

    All we've heard is a "pay cut", but that could still be part of an extension (similar to Birk's situation). Again, we are short on details at this point.

    So, where did the "paycut" info come from?

    IMO, it's likely that his agent spread the word. Why? Because (1) it exerts pressure on the Ravens and (2) it let's the world know that Anquan is not retiring and (3) possibly starts some chatter amongst potential suitors so that the agent can gauge what kind of potential deals he might get elsewhere to help him evaluate what the Ravens are offering.

    My point is that without knowing the details, it's really hard to know what the facts are and form an informed opinion.

    Lastly, for anyone who's paid any attention to this team - Ozzie loves Anquan Boldin. He wanted to draft him in 2003 and he worked on trading for him over 2 different offseasons. He loves the way Boldin plays. Ozzie is going to do what is best for the Ravens, but I find it hard to believe that he's going to do it by insulting a player that he loves.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland