Thread: Macadoo

Macadoo

Any word on this guy?

iggyman555 Guest

Re: Macadoo

macawhoo

I would assume he's still in the Ravens plan. Wouldn't expect much from the kid. He's in the Kindle department I'd assume.

Blog Entries

They seemed high on him until he got hurt. I remember reading some articles with quotes about him. Coaches dont go out of their way to compliment a fringe player for no reason. Im looking forward to what he can do, but expectations should be low. Eventhough NC has pumped out some solid defensive players, hes been out of football roughly 3 years now. Definitely a guy imalso curious about though.
    -JAB

He's been hurt the last two preseasons, the most recent being an ACL tear. I get the feeling the coaches are high on him, but we'll most likely add pass rushing depth going into this season, especially if/when we lose Kruger. But McAdoo will definitely get a shot to earn a roster spot.

Adrian Hamilton is the guy who intrigues me A LOT going into this season. He's had a year in the system, is still very young, and should get a major opportunity to show what he can do.

Blog Entries

He's in the plans in as much that they'd love to get some production out of him.

But really...he was a supp pick who got IR'd in a deal for Year 1. Then early on in Year 2, he tore his ACL. Not sure if his rookie deal was 3 or 4 years but he's never even played a single game snap, so they can't expect him to be a major contributor.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Lot of incorrect information in this thread. We got him via the supplemental draft, so he couldn't play the entire preseason. In his limited action, he had a nice sack and I believe forced fumble, then we IR'd him to keep him, he wasn't hurt. Then going into his second year, he tore his ACHILLES in OTAs, leading him to the IR again.

Even though he's entering his 3rd season, I think he still is the youngest guy on last year's roster. . He's nearly 3 years younger than Adrian Hamilton too.

He's a camp body and size/weight/speed project. He didn't produce at all in college and now has an Achilles tear on his resume. I would love to be wrong, but there's little to no reason to expect him to ever contribute in the NFL. If he makes the team next year it will be as a camp body and high-upside depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    Lot of incorrect information in this thread. We got him via the supplemental draft, so he couldn't play the entire preseason. In his limited action, he had a nice sack and I believe forced fumble, then we IR'd him to keep him, he wasn't hurt. Then going into his second year, he tore his ACHILLES in OTAs, leading him to the IR again.
    Speaking of incorrect information, we didn't get him through the supplemental draft. he went through the supp draft and we got him as a udfa.