Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Bobbie Williams cut

@jeffzrebiecsun: Ravens have decided to terminate contract of guard Bobbie Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Bobbie Williams cut

Well, I thank Bobbie for his services, and mentoring our younger linemen for the year, he was a great team mate.

Blog Entries

Bobbie Williams is a class guy. You could tell how much that ring meant to him after a career with a horrible organization. Good luck Bobbie in whatever you do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Bobbie Williams is a class guy. You could tell how much that ring meant to him after a career with a horrible organization. Good luck Bobbie in whatever you do.
    :word

Blog Entries

Boosts our cap space up to roughly $12.158M.

Thanks Bobbie for your service. Enjoy your life.

Thanks Bobbie, even when he wasnt playing he was the biggest cheerleader.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Thanks Bobbie, even when he wasnt playing he was the biggest cheerleader.
    He always had a smile on his face, and was one of the first to go over to guys like Rice after they scored. I am happy a guy like that won a ring.

Blog Entries

Thank you for being a true professional Mr. Williams.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Boosts our cap space up to roughly $12.158M.
    That's not really accurate. That's a number without even using all 51 spots that we are required to use.

That also doesn't factor in any of the ERFA tenders or RFA tenders. Once Pitta/Jones/Dickson get their tenders, and all the ERFA guys (Anthony Allen, Omar Cook, Josh Bynes, Bobby Rainey, Damien Berry, Adrian Hamilton, Bryan Hall, Anthony Levine) we should have in the $5.3-$5.8 million range.

All my calculations from the earlier thread already factored in Williams' imminent release. Ravor has our projected free space at just shy of $5.3 based on his most recent article. My calculations just working from memory were a tad higher in the $5.7 range. We are somewhere in that neighborhood....and certainly nowhere near $12 million in free cap space.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    That's not really accurate. That's a number without even using all 51 spots that we are required to use.

That also doesn't factor in any of the ERFA tenders or RFA tenders. Once Pitta/Jones/Dickson get their tenders, and all the ERFA guys (Anthony Allen, Omar Cook, Josh Bynes, Bobby Rainey, Damien Berry, Adrian Hamilton, Bryan Hall, Anthony Levine) we should have in the $5.3-$5.8 million range.

All my calculations from the earlier thread already factored in Williams' imminent release. Ravor has our projected free space at just shy of $5.3 based on his most recent article. My calculations just working from memory were a tad higher in the $5.7 range. We are somewhere in that neighborhood....and certainly nowhere near $12 million in free cap space.
    Dude, I never said that this was after all of that factored in. I'm well aware of the RFA tenders due. I'm talking about as of now that's roughly what the cap space is, and yes it is accurate for what it is right now.

And btw, if only Dickson, Jones and Pitta are tendered, we only have to factor in one ERFA under the cap since we have 47 players on the roster, we need four more players to get to 51. If either Reed or Harewood are tendered, we wont count any ERFAs in under the cap, but if anything that will be more of a hit against the cap.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 03-08-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Dude, I never said that this was after all of that factored in. I'm well aware of the RFA tenders due. I'm talking about as of now that's roughly what the cap space is, and yes it is accurate for what it is right now.

And btw, if only Dickson, Jones and Pitta are tendered, we only have to factor in one ERFA under the cap since we have 47 players on the roster, we need four more players to get to 51. If either Reed or Harewood are tendered, we wont count any ERFAs in under the cap, but if anything that will be more of a hit against the cap.
    Sorry, wasn't trying to sound like you didn't know what you are talking about. Clearly you do, but a lot of people don't, and they go around spreading bad info.

Also, a ERFA will make more than the last guy currently on the RO51 salary cap roster. I don't have my spreadsheet right now, but I believe the Ravens have a half-dozen or so guys (offseason, roster filler types) who are carrying a cap figure of $405k. The ERFA tenders are $480 or $555 for all the 7-8 total ERFA tender guys. This won't have a considerable impact on the cap, but when you have that many guys getting $555 replacing a guy making $405, it can gradually add up.