Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Bobbie Williams cut

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Boosts our cap space up to roughly $12.158M.
    That's not really accurate. That's a number without even using all 51 spots that we are required to use.

That also doesn't factor in any of the ERFA tenders or RFA tenders. Once Pitta/Jones/Dickson get their tenders, and all the ERFA guys (Anthony Allen, Omar Cook, Josh Bynes, Bobby Rainey, Damien Berry, Adrian Hamilton, Bryan Hall, Anthony Levine) we should have in the $5.3-$5.8 million range.

All my calculations from the earlier thread already factored in Williams' imminent release. Ravor has our projected free space at just shy of $5.3 based on his most recent article. My calculations just working from memory were a tad higher in the $5.7 range. We are somewhere in that neighborhood....and certainly nowhere near $12 million in free cap space.

Thanks Bobbie for helping to bring the Lombardi back to Baltimore. I wish you luck.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    That's not really accurate. That's a number without even using all 51 spots that we are required to use.

That also doesn't factor in any of the ERFA tenders or RFA tenders. Once Pitta/Jones/Dickson get their tenders, and all the ERFA guys (Anthony Allen, Omar Cook, Josh Bynes, Bobby Rainey, Damien Berry, Adrian Hamilton, Bryan Hall, Anthony Levine) we should have in the $5.3-$5.8 million range.

All my calculations from the earlier thread already factored in Williams' imminent release. Ravor has our projected free space at just shy of $5.3 based on his most recent article. My calculations just working from memory were a tad higher in the $5.7 range. We are somewhere in that neighborhood....and certainly nowhere near $12 million in free cap space.
    Dude, I never said that this was after all of that factored in. I'm well aware of the RFA tenders due. I'm talking about as of now that's roughly what the cap space is, and yes it is accurate for what it is right now.

And btw, if only Dickson, Jones and Pitta are tendered, we only have to factor in one ERFA under the cap since we have 47 players on the roster, we need four more players to get to 51. If either Reed or Harewood are tendered, we wont count any ERFAs in under the cap, but if anything that will be more of a hit against the cap.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 03-08-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks for the effort Bobbie! He was only here a year but he became a favorite of mine quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post

Actually your wrong, we do have around what leach said, right now today, considering that's what he was talking about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Actually your wrong, we do have around what leach said, right now today, considering that's what he was talking about.
    Thats what I'm on about, right now thats what our cap is, obviously it will go down once we tender our players.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    He always had a smile on his face, and was one of the first to go over to guys like Rice after they scored. I am happy a guy like that won a ring.
    exactly. i always saw him bigging up whoever when they made a play. what a great team mate.

Blog Entries

He always seemed to have a lot of fun out there. And he was the first to run out to Ray Lewis after his victory formation dance against the colts. Glad Bobbie got his ring after suffering in Cincy all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    He always seemed to have a lot of fun out there. And he was the first to run out to Ray Lewis after his victory formation dance against the colts. Glad Bobbie got his ring after suffering in Cincy all those years.
    Ditto. I think he retires with a nice piece of jewelry.

Anyone think we may draft a guard in the later rounds to give us more depth, especially since we don't have a lot of cap? I'm pulling for Barret Jones who could battle for the C position as well as be a solid backup at LG/RG/RT. Although, we would have to use a much higher draft pick.

Blog Entries

I had hopes for Justin Boren @ OG, but I think the Ravens let him go (Lions ?) ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Anyone think we may draft a guard in the later rounds to give us more depth, especially since we don't have a lot of cap? I'm pulling for Barret Jones who could battle for the C position as well as be a solid backup at LG/RG/RT. Although, we would have to use a much higher draft pick.
    IMO it's not the biggest need right now with Yanda and KO starting and having Reid, Cornell and Harewood as back-ups. But who knows what Ozzie is going to do. I'm sure if he sees someone falls in the later round he'll jump on the best player.