Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Bobbie Williams cut

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Search and take a look at Bobbie celebrating on the field after the SB. Pure elation.
    I felt really good for him. That was pure raw emotion right there

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Bobbie Williams is a class guy. You could tell how much that ring meant to him after a career with a horrible organization. Good luck Bobbie in whatever you do.
    Ouch!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    He always had a smile on his face, and was one of the first to go over to guys like Rice after they scored. I am happy a guy like that won a ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I felt really good for him. That was pure raw emotion right there
    Bobbie was well loved by fans and teammates when he was here. A truly great guy. Have a wonderful life, Bobbie.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Dude is a Super Bowl champion for life.

Blog Entries

I didnt like the move when we thought hed be a starter but i think he fit his role good enough. Cant have anything bad to say about him as a man. Seemed like a great teammate and i wish him well.
    -JAB

I do not think anyone is surprised that he was cut. But I still echo the sentiments posted here. He definitely seemed like a great teammate.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

yeah, as much as we didn't want him on the field, seeing his reaction at the playoff wins and SB win was worth it. He was probably a great mentor to KO as well.

Salute Bobbie. Salute.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Actually your wrong, we do have around what leach said, right now today, considering that's what he was talking about.
    It's nonsensical to look at it like that. That's like saying "Oh, I have _____ in my bank account today" when you know the mortgage and car payment check are about to clear your bank. The money might be there, but it's unspendable.

If the Ravens wanted to go out tomorrow and re-sign Kruger to a contract that gives him a $7 million 2013 cap # and re-sign Reed to a $3 million contract, they could technically do it, but they'd be way over the cap once the tenders were issued.

I understand that you may have understood that the $12 million wasn't the Ravens TRUE cap space figure, but a lot of others may not have made that association. That's how a lot of bad information gets spread to the lesser-caliber fans that don't understand the cap (of which you are certainly not). I go on the RSR site on Facebook and a lot of people there think the Ravens have $10mil+ to spend on free agents without cutting anyone because they happened to read a ESPN article that gives the current, unadjusted total.

You are correct in the most technical sense, arnie, but from a functional sense the $12 million is a totally useless number.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Dude, I never said that this was after all of that factored in. I'm well aware of the RFA tenders due. I'm talking about as of now that's roughly what the cap space is, and yes it is accurate for what it is right now.

And btw, if only Dickson, Jones and Pitta are tendered, we only have to factor in one ERFA under the cap since we have 47 players on the roster, we need four more players to get to 51. If either Reed or Harewood are tendered, we wont count any ERFAs in under the cap, but if anything that will be more of a hit against the cap.
    Sorry, wasn't trying to sound like you didn't know what you are talking about. Clearly you do, but a lot of people don't, and they go around spreading bad info.

Also, a ERFA will make more than the last guy currently on the RO51 salary cap roster. I don't have my spreadsheet right now, but I believe the Ravens have a half-dozen or so guys (offseason, roster filler types) who are carrying a cap figure of $405k. The ERFA tenders are $480 or $555 for all the 7-8 total ERFA tender guys. This won't have a considerable impact on the cap, but when you have that many guys getting $555 replacing a guy making $405, it can gradually add up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Sorry, wasn't trying to sound like you didn't know what you are talking about. Clearly you do, but a lot of people don't, and they go around spreading bad info.

Also, a ERFA will make more than the last guy currently on the RO51 salary cap roster. I don't have my spreadsheet right now, but I believe the Ravens have a half-dozen or so guys (offseason, roster filler types) who are carrying a cap figure of $405k. The ERFA tenders are $480 or $555 for all the 7-8 total ERFA tender guys. This won't have a considerable impact on the cap, but when you have that many guys getting $555 replacing a guy making $405, it can gradually add up.
    True.