Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Ravens to make Ellerbe an offer

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    you sure?, he's only in the league four years. Your not Ufa until five years under the old cba I thought
    I checked, Doctor is correct.

Blog Entries

you sure?, he's only in the league four years. Your not Ufa until five years under the old cba I thought
    arnie, I think you're a RFA in your 4th year, and an UFA in your 5th... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    arnie, I think you're a RFA in your 4th year, and an UFA in your 5th... Bc
    I thought you had to play five years to be a Ufa. My bad

Blog Entries

Don't chastise yourself, you may be right under the new CBA(?) . I was alluding to the old CBA... Bc

No worries, I'm wrong plenty. The situation is better than you thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Don't chastise yourself, you may be right under the new CBA(?) . I was alluding to the old CBA... Bc
    Apparently the new cba done away with RFA altogether

Blog Entries

I'm not certain Ellerbe is gone, but starting to think we'll find a cheaper guy in FA that'd work out just as well.

All things even, I'd want Ellerbe back. We found him and groomed him...but a Barnett or Jones will work just as well.

I'm a little nervous on Rolondo McClain. There's a reason Oakland gave up on him...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The Raiders gave up on him because he didn't wanna play there anymore. He stopped showing up half way through the year.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Rolando McClain is the guy I now want in FA. Maybe by not getting Ellerbe, we will have a better shot at keeping Reed, and McKinnie.
    Same, I really like Rolandos upside.

I would totally give Rolando McClain a shot, if the contract was heavy with incentives related to playing time + behavior. Make him earn his money steadily by giving value on the field and being a good teammate

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
    I would totally give Rolando McClain a shot, if the contract was heavy with incentives related to playing time + behavior. Make him earn his money steadily by giving value on the field and being a good teammate
    What incentive does a player have to sign this when they could get an offer without all these stipulations elsewhere?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

If there is a team that can turn McClain around, its Baltimore. There are a number of reasons why Rolando could turn his career around on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    What incentive does a player have to sign this when they could get an offer without all these stipulations elsewhere?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    It's the a ballsy team to guarantee him money

I haven't been particularly impressed with Ellerbe. Of all the potential losses, I consider him among the least important and more easily replaceable. Leach, Reed & Kruger each bring unique attributes, which I would hate to lose, and are more important IMHO to the 2013 team than Ellerbe.

Of course, if he accepts a sane offer, then keep him.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I wouldnt let what his agent says persuade me more than what he has. Anybody that saw his nfln interview could tell he spoke as a guy that seriously wasnt looking forward to the thought of going anywhere. Referred to baltimore as "his home". His agent may be saying that but much like ray rices agent saying he wanted AP money it means little to nothing on their desire to be back.

Watxhing cosell and i believe mayock break down tape on ellerbe pretty much points out just how good he was last year. He was our defensive MVP (another underappreciated play was probably runner up: cary williams). I wouldnt say we should overpay him but i dont think it would take an ungodly number to resign him. A fair deal hes likely to see out is probably due. He does have injury concerns afterall, but when hes been on the field all hes done is make plays and be around the ball. Thats what you want from your ILB.
    -JAB