Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ravens to make Ellerbe an offer

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: Ravens to make Ellerbe an offer

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Well, Ellerbe can negotiate (legally) with other teams starting at midnight tonight so we're probably going to have a resolution to this within the next 3 to 4 days (if not 24 hours). He can agree to terms with another team, he just can't sign a contract with another team until Monday night at midnight. I'm going to guess that we'll hear about players agreeing to terms with teams starting tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Wonder how significant. I still have concerns about how he's going to perform going forward once he has gotten his money.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

It sure would be nice to get him signed but I don't see them over paying him if another team wants to throw crazy money

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It is quite possible we start next season without Ray, Jameel, Kruger, and Ellerbe.

That is a scary thought.

I'd like to get Ellerbe back but if someone throws ridiculous money at him he's gone. He's played well, but I'd feel better about him if he completed one year where he played all 16 games. If he's gone, ILB has to be the #1 concern to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    It is quite possible we start next season without Ray, Jameel, Kruger, and Ellerbe.

That is a scary thought.
    All defensive players; and don't forget Reed and Williams. I find it amazing reading a lot of posts wanting to target offensive players where we return just about everyone and they played well last year. Get a LT on offense and retool the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post

That is a scary thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    All defensive players; and don't forget Reed and Williams. I find it amazing reading a lot of posts wanting to target offensive players where we return just about everyone and they played well last year. Get a LT on offense and retool the defense.

Which doesn't mean that people won't constantly pop in here and scream for Dean Pees' head on a platter.

Oh...and add an oft gimpy Ngata, possibly shaky Suggs, and possibly shaky Webb to the mix as well.
    2013 may be quite the challenge.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries
    @RavensInsider: Dannell Ellerbe's agent says he doesn't anticipate deal with Ravens before midnight: 'Starting Saturday, we'll be talking to all 32 teams.'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if Ellerbe leaves the nest, who's next up for negotiations? Ed?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Well, on the bright side...

We should get some nice comp picks.

But I'm thinking Joe is the only UFA who ends up resigning with us. Sounds like Ellerbe and Kruger and Williams will get big money elsewhere and Reed, who knows.
    Looking more likely by the day all of them are gone. Oh we'll more comp picks like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Looking more likely by the day all of them are gone. Oh we'll more comp picks like you said.

Josh Bynes and a drafted rookie with Mclellan as the top backup plus the uncertainty that is Jamell... rough... Really want Ellerbe back.