Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Ravens to make Ellerbe an offer

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: Ravens to make Ellerbe an offer

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Well, Ellerbe can negotiate (legally) with other teams starting at midnight tonight so we're probably going to have a resolution to this within the next 3 to 4 days (if not 24 hours). He can agree to terms with another team, he just can't sign a contract with another team until Monday night at midnight. I'm going to guess that we'll hear about players agreeing to terms with teams starting tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Wonder how significant. I still have concerns about how he's going to perform going forward once he has gotten his money.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

It sure would be nice to get him signed but I don't see them over paying him if another team wants to throw crazy money

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It is quite possible we start next season without Ray, Jameel, Kruger, and Ellerbe.

That is a scary thought.

I'd like to get Ellerbe back but if someone throws ridiculous money at him he's gone. He's played well, but I'd feel better about him if he completed one year where he played all 16 games. If he's gone, ILB has to be the #1 concern to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    It is quite possible we start next season without Ray, Jameel, Kruger, and Ellerbe.

That is a scary thought.
    All defensive players; and don't forget Reed and Williams. I find it amazing reading a lot of posts wanting to target offensive players where we return just about everyone and they played well last year. Get a LT on offense and retool the defense.

Blog Entries

I think they'll get Ellerbe under wraps.

Then they'll go out and sign Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, Jake Long, Sebastian Vollmer, all while being able to keep Kruger and Ed Reed.

...in all seriousness, I don't know if the Ravens will target anyone in free agency. I think they'll wait until all of the big "wow" deals blow over. I think they'll make an effort to keep Ellerbe and then kind of sit back and watch.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ...in all seriousness, I don't know if the Ravens will target anyone in free agency. I think they'll wait until all of the big "wow" deals blow over. I think they'll make an effort to keep Ellerbe and then kind of sit back and watch.
    like they always do. keep their key FAs and wait for the dust to settle and make some under the radar signings that pay big dividends. This years a little different because they cant go after all their Key FAs but ellerbe is the last one that they will. I dont see much else happening myself. I dont think McKinnie is a priority although theyll be following him. Otherwise Id say Reed gets some attention from them but theyll let him test the market and come back with his best offer before making theirs.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think they'll get Ellerbe under wraps.

Then they'll go out and sign Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, Jake Long, Sebastian Vollmer, all while being able to keep Kruger and Ed Reed.

Oz never makes a big splash in FA. He'll try and retain as many players as possible, reload through the draft and try and find nuggets in FA that others overlooked.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    like they always do. keep their key FAs and wait for the dust to settle and make some under the radar signings that pay big dividends. This years a little different because they cant go after all their Key FAs but ellerbe is the last one that they will. I dont see much else happening myself. I dont think McKinnie is a priority although theyll be following him. Otherwise Id say Reed gets some attention from them but theyll let him test the market and come back with his best offer before making theirs.
    Idk about you, but I can see the Ravens re-signing all three of those guys eventually, they can make it happen by extending Boldin, cutting Leach, Williams, and Jameel.

Best case scenario IMO, they get Ellerbe signed before the deadline, they let Reed and McKinnie test the market, then find out that they weren't offered all that much, and the Ravens are able to keep them. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Idk about you, but I can see the Ravens re-signing all three of those guys eventually, they can make it happen by extending Boldin, cutting Leach, Williams, and Jameel.

Best case scenario IMO, they get Ellerbe signed before the deadline, they let Reed and McKinnie test the market, then find out that they weren't offered all that much, and the Ravens are able to keep them. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
    Im not sure they sign any of them really. I think Reed is the most retainable, followed by McKinnie, then Ellerbe. I hope Ellerbe signs a fair deal, but hes got the most value out of those 3 for sure. Reed going to have 3-4 suitors (NE, NO, Indy, & Us). Im not sure hes as high on our list of must have's as he will be on theirs.
    -JAB