Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Dee Milliner is a pretty good pick. I would say it's between Milliner and Joeckel for the Jags. Shariff Floyd was probably #1 on their big board but he's gone, so either of those two make sense. If they didn't have Eugene Monroe playing at a pretty high level at LT Joeckel would be a no-brainer, and he could still be an option as Monroe is a FA in 2014.

The Jaguars have a really bad roster. They have no CBs at all, their OL is garbage outside of Monroe, they have no QB, and they had the least sacks in the NFL last year. What a miserable team.
    They don't really have any edge rushers either. At least the Jags can pretty much go into a total "BPA" philosophy though, almost every position on that team needs upgrading. I would have traded MJD last offseason too, they would have got a 2nd and a 4th rounder for him.

Love the player, but don't like the pick, at least not as the team is currently constructed.

Floyd is an elite player but not a good fit for the 3-4. As a 3-4 end his speed and penetration ability are going to be wasted. He needs to be a 4-3 under tackle who splits the gap and rushes the passer.

Taking a really talented player and jamming him into a bad scheme fit is EXACTLY what the Chiefs did a few years back with Glenn Dorsey. Elite pass-rushing 3-tech at LSU, drafted by the Chiefs and made into a 5-tech end, and all his talent and potential have pretty much been wasted. Same thing would happen to Floyd.

Now, if you were the Chiefs GM and you were going to move to a 4-3... I would love the move. Dontari Poe and Floyd at DT, Hali and Justin Houston at DE, Derrick Johnson at MLB... you'd need 2 new OLBs but that's a very talented defense on paper.
    You have valid points and it's something i thought about before making the pick. I feel like Floyd is a better prospect then Dorsey was coming out, i also feel like there is more nickel and passing situations to allow him opportunities to one gap penetrate. Look at a guy like JJ Watt, if you have the talent DC's will move you around and give you opportunities to make an impact, i think it gives them some flexibility and gives their D another impact player in the front 7 to take some of the load off Hali and Houston as far as rushing the passer, and making plays versus the run in the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I picked Dee Milliner for Jax because of a number of reasons, and you may frown at choosing a CB that high.

This draft class is not very top heavy, and Jax had the one of the worst core of CBs in the league last season. They need serious help back there, and Gus as we all know loves his big physical corners which is what Milliner is. IMO Milliner is the best player in this draft class, so it also counts as BPA.
    Love this pick, gives them a legit #1 corner and a scheme fit.

Blog Entries

Any chance people can only post the actual picks in the draft thread? And any other comments in here, just would help keep it clean and easy to follow.

Shocker pick for the Raiders! I like it though, the Raiders need to rebuild and they have a young core of offensive talent with Smith, Denarius Moore, McFadden, and Veldheer. If Wicked hadn't have taken Geno Smith at #3 I would have been all over him for Arizona at #7. Pretty disappointed!

Bold pick Wicked, and i like it! I think because of the immediate success some of these rookie QB's have had it's kind of put an unfair amount of criticism on Geno. Sure he isnt Luck, RG3, etc. and he wont be ready to play right away but with the right coaching i think he can be a franchise caliber QB in a couple years.

#12 overall is available, hit me if your interested

Blog Entries

The Raiders are interested in Geno, I can very well see that happening. I like it.

Blog Entries

Shocker pick for the Raiders! I like it though, the Raiders need to rebuild and they have a young core of offensive talent with Smith, Denarius Moore, McFadden, and Veldheer. If Wicked hadn't have taken Geno Smith at #3 I would have been all over him for Arizona at #7. Pretty disappointed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Bold pick Wicked, and i like it! I think because of the immediate success some of these rookie QB's have had it's kind of put an unfair amount of criticism on Geno. Sure he isnt Luck, RG3, etc. and he wont be ready to play right away but with the right coaching i think he can be a franchise caliber QB in a couple years.
    I think it happens.

The Raiders are supposedly telling Carson Palmer to take a pay cut or get cut, so we'll see what happens there. Regardless, I think Oakland should jump all over Geno Smith. I think he'd be a good fit in their offense too. They need a spark and Geno could be that spark.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

What do people think about Ansah to the Lions
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Logical pick, I think Ansah could fit in virtually any edge position in the league. Will obviously be a bit raw from day 1, and may not even be ready to be an every down starter, but he could develop into one hell of a player. Its probably who I would have picked too, although it was out of him and Eric Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Logical pick, I think Ansah could fit in virtually any edge position in the league. Will obviously be a bit raw from day 1, and may not even be ready to be an every down starter, but he could develop into one hell of a player. Its probably who I would have picked too, although it was out of him and Eric Fisher.
    Agreed. It was hard to pass on Fisher, but the hole in their DL is just too big
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB