Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I was really hoping that Rhodes would slip for Carolina.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

If I was any GM and seen Jarvis fall that far, I'd be jumping up and down in the war room.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I did not want to make this pick lol, went with Werner because i feel like he gives them more versatility. They can kick Odrick inside more on passing downs. Vernon has shown some upside as a pass rusher but you can never have enough pass rush and Wake is 31 years old.
    I think the Dolphins were rumored to be considering trading Jared Odrick, which would be a good move because he's a bad fit for their 4-3. He would probably fetch a 3rd or maybe even 2nd for a team in need of a 3-4 DE, though. I really liked him out of Penn State a few years back.

Taking a high-upside DE is almost never wrong. They really need to get a ton of pressure on Brady if they want to be major players in the AFC East. Even if Vernon works out (I was a big fan of him as well as out of Miami last year) they could move Werner inside to DT on passing downs or even move Wake into a Von Miller type of pass-rushing SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If I was any GM and seen Jarvis fall that far, I'd be jumping up and down in the war room.
    Such a great pick. Jarvis Jones is the best defensive player in this class IMO, or possibly tied with Shariff Floyd. The Saints D would be a LOT better with him rushing the passer next year.

I really like Richardson to the Cowboys. I personally think it's dumb switching the 4-3 becuase I think it's going to affect Ware in a negative way, but Richardson is an excellent building block in that formation
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I think the Vaccaro to the Panthers pick is my fav of this draft so far. With Gamble gone they pretty much have nothing of note in the secondary and to get a hybrid safety they can use in a lot of different ways is huge.

I think the Vaccaro to the Panthers pick is my fav of this draft so far. With Gamble gone they pretty much have nothing of note in the secondary and to get a hybrid safety they can use in a lot of different ways is huge.
    Thats a great pick actually.
    I also like the Chance Warmack pick.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    Precisely my thinking.

I remember watching the Panthers get beat over the top so much last year and they had Haruki Nakamura starting at safety. He was just really over matched and out of his element.

All I could think was how badly they needed a safety.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I really like Richardson to the Cowboys. I personally think it's dumb switching the 4-3 becuase I think it's going to affect Ware in a negative way, but Richardson is an excellent building block in that formation
    I disagree about it negatively impacting Ware. Now he can just do what he does best: get after the QB.

Remember what Simeon Rice did in Kiffin's defense?

Blog Entries

Sheldone Richardson is a perfect fit as the 3 technique in the Cowboys new 4 man front. They could then rotate the nose shade DTs between Josh Price-brent, and Ratcliffe, and Hatchett can play as the power LDE player on the other side. On paper it would be a nice looking front. The Cowboys still have holes at FS, CB, and weakside LB though.

Blog Entries

There Panthers need help in the trenches, but luckily for them, the draft is stacked with DTs, they can wait and get good value later. They may as well take an elite prospect at safety which Kenny Vaccoro is (I actually think he's a better prospect than what Mark Barron was last year), as safety is a huge need for this team.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    There Panthers need help in the trenches, but luckily for them, the draft is stacked with DTs, they can wait and get good value later. They may as well take an elite prospect at safety which Kenny Vaccoro is (I actually think he's a better prospect than what Mark Barron was last year), as safety is a huge need for this team.
    There are fewer viable starting safety prospects than DT prospects in this draft, like you basically said. I figured I could go Vaccaro here and target John Jenkins, Bennie Logan, or Brandon Williams in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There are fewer viable starting safety prospects than DT prospects in this draft, like you basically said. I figured I could go Vaccaro here and target John Jenkins, Bennie Logan, or Brandon Williams in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Vaccaro is who I was hoping would fall to the Giants. He's a the kind of prospect that a lot of teams can use and it's going to push him up in this draft.