Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Picks Thread

With the 23rd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select, Johnathan Cooper, G, UNC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
    Sorry, guess I did miss the rules. With the 22nd pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame.
    Hey Thrall, I did not mean to take your pick a few hours earlier. I thought there may have been some confusion there. You made a solid pick with Eifert :
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ler-Eifert.php
    Sorry 'bout that... Bc

Major Raven up with the Colts
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Hey Thrall, I did not mean to take your pick a few hours earlier. I thought there may have been some confusion there. You made a solid pick with Eifert :
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ler-Eifert.php
    Sorry 'bout that... Bc
    No worries Bc, I wasn't paying attention to the thread, thought I was safe until sometime today. I like Lacy, but I think he can be had in the 2nd. Probably a little high for Eifert too, but he can start, and contribute from day 1. Maybe he'll make Bradford a better player.

5. Re: RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Picks Thread

With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select, Datone Jones, DE UCLA.

Blog Entries
    With the 25th pick in the NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings (who received this pick from Seattle for Percy Harvin) select Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee.

The Vikes have no receivers. Might as well take the highest rated receiver here. Hunter is a really nice prospect with excellent size and speed (6'4" 200lbs).

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

With the 26th pick, of the 2013 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select, Tank Carradine, DE/OLB, Florida state

Tank Carradine is simply the best player on my board, and he's an athletic freak. Tore his ACL last year which should raise some flags, but before that he was highly productive in college, and had 16.5 sacks in 2011. If not for his ACL tear, he may have been a top 10, maybe even top 5 talent in this years class. Green Bay need more depth at OLB, and Clay Matthews needs more help. With this pick they will have Matthews, Nick Perry, and Carradine instead of a bunch of undrafted players that don't know how to get to the QB.

Blog Entries

1 Chiefs - Carey Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
    2 Jaguars - Major Raven Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    3 Raiders - Wickedsolo Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    4 Eagles - leachisabeast Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    5 Lions - runrayrun27 Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    6 Browns - lee van cleef Dion Jordan, DE, Orgeon
    7 Cardinals - bmorecareful Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    8 Bills - gota Star Lotuleiei, DT, Utah
    9 Jets - bigplayreciever Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    10 Titans - iscrull Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    11 Chargers - thrall Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    12 Dolphins - carey Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
    13 Buccaneers - major raven Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
    14 Panthers - wickedsolo Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    15 Saints - leachisabeast Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
    16 Rams - runrayrun27 Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
    17 Steelers - lee van cleef Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    18 Cowboys - bmorecareful Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    19 Giants - gota Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
    20 Bears - bigplayreciever DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama
    21 Bengals - iscrull Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
    22 Rams (from Redskins) - thrall Tyler Eiffert, TE, Notre Dame
    23 Vikings - carey Jonathan Cooper, G, UNC
    24 Colts - major raven Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
    25 Minnesota (from Seattle) - wickedsolo Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    26 Packers - leachisabeast Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
    27 Texans - runrayrun27
    28 Broncos - lee van cleef
    29 Patriots - bmorecareful
    30 Falcons - gota
    31 49ers - bigplayreciever
    32 Ravens - iscrull
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

With the 27th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select, Kevin Minter LB LSU. This pick is necessary for the stability of the Texans defence. Cushing is coming back from a torn ACL and is up in the air. They don't have much under Cushing even when he is healthy.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

With the 28th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

There's a couple of ways to go with this pick, and I was actually hoping Eifert would fall. Since he didn't it was between Sylvester Williams and Trufant. I think the CB need is a bit more pressing really, Champ's last game was pretty awful but he still put in a good season... but he's getting closer to the end. Tracy Porter is an UFA, and the rest of the unit isn't much to shout about, especially as potential starters.

With the 29th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select: Tavon Austin, WR, WVU

The Patriots will prioritize WR, CB, and DL in this draft. The two best players available are both WRs: Tavon Austin and DeAndre Hopkins, followed by two DTs: Kawann Short and Sylvester Williams. Given how many picks the Patriots have spent on DL over the past few years, I believe they will go with a wide receiver in this scenario. Tavon Austin has been compared to Wes Welker, but in reality he is a far more dynamic player and would represent a significant upgrade over the overrated, drop-happy Welker.

The Pats can shop for help at CB in a deep free agent class while snagging the draft's most dynamic player at #29, a move that will be seen as the draft's biggest steal in just a few years. It would be unfair for the rest of the league to allow this move to happen, but there are more than enough foolish GMs out there who measure football ability with scales and stopwatches.

Blog Entries

The Falcons released Dunta Robinson. Ben Grimes is a free agent and coming off an ACL. That leaves them with Asante Samuel and a bunch of younger player who have been unable to win a job when Grimes went down. Drafting for need is usually not a great idea but there happens to be a pretty good CB prospect who has slipped because he had a bad Combine. I saw him play several times over the past 3 years and was impressed. He needs to put on 10 pounds of muscle but otherwise has a shot to be a good NFL CB.

The Atlanta Falcons with the 30th pick select Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State