Thread: Damontre Moore

Damontre Moore

Just spent all morning watching tape on him from both 2011 as a 34 OLB and 2012 as a 43 end.

Great versatility playing both positions. As the 43 end he dropped into coverage occasionally, but done it a lot the previous year playing the Suggs type role, and he seemed solid in that regard. He mainly covered the flat or some hook zones, sometimes manned up on a running back. In the zone he new to push receivers on as they were leaving his zone and go pick up the next guy. He moved quite fluidly for a guy his size.

As a pass rusher he doesn't have the elite first step like a Jarvis jones but its better and quicker accerlartion and push off than upshaw. He uses his hands very well, has a few moves, good rip, brought out a spin move now and then, bull rushed and the odd time just blew past tackles.

While not getting many tipped passes, he had his hands up a lot at the LOS causing a bad throw or hesitation on part of the QB. He did block a extra point against LA tech that went the other way.

His main attribute and a big reason we could take him is his intensity and hussle. He is all over the park, their leading tackler I think. He makes tackles at the other sideline, he's involved in gang tackles 10 yards downfield on completed passes. He just never stops running.

Missed a few tackles on running backs and a couple sacks, but all in all seemed a solid tackler in the run game, and seemed decent setting the edge as the 34 olb.

All in all, if we don't get dumervil I would love to take him at 32 if his poor combine and pro day drop him that far. He'd be a total steal and with upshaw opposite him in the years to come, we'd be set.

He may not be our biggest need but he would be by far BPA. I'd also end with, while the stats don't agree I think he was far better playing OLB than 43 end.
    Last edited by arnie_uk; 03-24-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Damontre Moore

It's funny how two of the elite SEC pass rushers who were once both considered as sure ins for top 5 picks may now even drop to our strike range.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's funny how two of the elite SEC pass rushers who were once both considered as sure ins for top 5 picks may now even drop to our strike range.
    If you believe draftniks, personally I'm going with the belief that really not much has changed and Moore and Jones don't get close to the Ravens. It's interesting that people throw out the Suggs thing, he still went at the 10th pick. Other teams learn from these things too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    If you believe draftniks, personally I'm going with the belief that really not much has changed and Moore and Jones don't get close to the Ravens. It's interesting that people throw out the Suggs thing, he still went at the 10th pick. Other teams learn from these things too.
    Yeah I mean that according to the draftniks, not that I believe it personally.

Still, I didn't know much about the Suggs coming out of Arizona, but I'm pretty sure he was a lot more explosive and more productive as a pass rusher than both of these guys coming out?

His motor on the field is good, but I'm trying to understand the snips on his work ethic and attitude that I've read.
    Does he "love football"?
    As cliche as that is, if he doesn't, we won't draft him at #32.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    His motor on the field is good, but I'm trying to understand the snips on his work ethic and attitude that I've read.
    Does he "love football"?
    As cliche as that is, if he doesn't, we won't draft him at #32.
    His play on the field would suggest he does. He gives more effort than anyone else on that defense, he's busting his balls all over the park, plays with an enthusiasm and relentless energy.

Compare that to Sam Montgomery who takes plays and even games off, never once in the I think 10 games I watched did I see that from moore, not even for a run to the opposite side, or a completed pass down the field. He still kept going