Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Interesting.....Chiefs release Eric Winston

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter
    Chiefs released OT Eric Winston tonight.

ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk
    Release of Eric Winston by Chiefs saves $700K in cap space but $4.9 million in cash http://wp.me/p14QSB-7xfK
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Interesting.....Chiefs release Eric Winston

I guess they are going to draft Joeckel
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Maybe because he yelled at their fans. Could have been somewhat mutual really he seemed pretty pissed about that.
    -JAB

Andy Reid's doing a great job of destroying the Chiefs thus far.

Franchise a LT with a shaky back that you have no intention of committing to long-term instead of spending that money more wisely... release your best offensive lineman so you can make space for the #1 overall pick you didn't want to take to begin with... panic and trade for a noodle-armed backup-caliber QB... give 11m/year to one of the most overrated players in the NFL...

I don't agree with a single one of these bizarre, inexplicable moves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

Franchise a LT with a shaky back that you have no intention of committing to long-term instead of spending that money more wisely... release your best offensive lineman so you can make space for the #1 overall pick you didn't want to take to begin with... panic and trade for a noodle-armed backup-caliber QB... give 11m/year to one of the most overrated players in the NFL...

I agree. I really don't get what they are doing. Plus they gave bowe a huge deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand it either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Maybe after meeting, Winston and Reid just decided they couldn't work together?

Very strange.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Seeing rumors Winston is somehow injured.

The chiefs are also doing a good job pissing off Albert. He insists he is LT only.

They'll probably take Joeckel, stick him at RT for a year (unless they have that much faith in him they swap him and Albert on day 1- Albert has already made his feelings clear on this...) and then move him to LT in 2014 and release Albert, who will want silly money, and won't play RT.

Blog Entries

I would really love to see Eric Winston here in Baltimore, we almost had him in last year. However, that would mean Oher back at LT, and even though G, C and RT would be set, we'd be getting serviceable play out of the LT position at best. The only way it would be beneficial IMO, would be if Oher was to be moved to guard, and McKinnie was re-signed or we draft someone else to play LT.

Who are you kicking out of a guard spot? Yanda or Osemele? Both were monsters in the post season

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Who are you kicking out of a guard spot? Yanda or Osemele? Both were monsters in the post season
    That's another debate, but I would assume if that were to happen (which it wont, this is all hypothetical), they'd move Yanda to C, and stick Oher in at RG. Then when Oher's contract is up in 2014, it gets the elephant out of the room so to speak and you can move Yanda back to RG and start Gino at C.

Of course the alternative is to try and trade Oher for a 5th round pick or something, you'd get some cap savings out of that too.

Sadly, I think the FO still values Oher as a LT, and we may be going in with him at LT in 2013 yet again.