Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1984...?

Blog Entries

1984...?

Was George Orwell on to something?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Carrying-Guns

Re: 1984...?

Scary stuff for sure.

I'd say at least we still have due process, but after Holder declaring that drone strikes on US soil against US citizens is perfectly legal, I am not sure any more.

Blog Entries

I am not some loon thinking the government is out to get anyone who disagrees with them, but damn with all the crap like this it's getting harder and harder not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I am not some loon thinking the government is out to get anyone who disagrees with them, but damn with all the crap like this it's getting harder and harder not to be.
    :word

Blog Entries
    The only reason they even have uav's is because of the Mexican cartels.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The only reason they even have uav's is because of the Mexican cartels.

Clarification?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Clarification?
    I'm not sure what you're asking.

Customs and Border Patrol have been using uav technology for a few years now along the Mexican border looking for weapons, weapons caches, drugs, immigrants, etc.

Drones being able to detect someone carrying a weapon is nothing knew. They can detect weapons caches buried in the ground among many things.

I think what really needs to be thought about here is whether or not the US government would specifically target US citizens. I cant honestly answer that, but if you are a law abiding citizen then I would like to think it wouldnt matter.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Customs and Border Patrol have been using uav technology for a few years now along the Mexican border looking for weapons, weapons caches, drugs, immigrants, etc.

Drones being able to detect someone carrying a weapon is nothing knew. They can detect weapons caches buried in the ground among many things.

I think what really needs to be thought about here is whether or not the US government would specifically target US citizens. I cant honestly answer that, but if you are a law abiding citizen then I would like to think it wouldnt matter.

I was just asking you to clarify why the government has them because of the cartels, which you did.

And do I think the U.S. Government would target law abiding citizens? No, not really, I mean if they were to use a drone to kill a US citizen it would have to be done by another citizen who presses the button to fire whatever weapon it was armed with.

But as HR mentioned Eric Holder saying it's legal to use a drone on a citizen on US soil, at some point down the road, it could become a slippery slope.

Holder has already said the practice is legal. Why would he even make the comment if they were not planning on using drones in this capacity down the road?

Now combine that with the gun control panic and the new technology with drones having the ability to detect people who are carrying a gun (a practice that's perfectly legal in states not named Illinois), it's not very hard to connect the dots and see this is a recipe for innocent folks getting killed / hurt / persecuted when they've done nothing wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Holder has already said the practice is legal. Why would he even make the comment if they were not planning on using drones in this capacity down the road?

Now combine that with the gun control panic and the new technology with drones having the ability to detect people who are carrying a gun (a practice that's perfectly legal in states not named Illinois), it's not very hard to connect the dots and see this is a recipe for innocent folks getting killed / hurt / persecuted when they've done nothing wrong.
    The main thing it says to me when you add it all up, AT THE VERY LEAST is:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

A bit OT, but didnt you give me some flack last year when I posted some stuff about Obama's secret drone war?

It's a slippery slope we're on. While I agree that better and new technology needs to be used to track down criminals, this is blurring the line of civil liberties.

Like the comic says "Who watches the watchmen?"
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller