Yanda top-rated Guard in the league

Obviously the Bleacher Report is not the end-all, be-all of sources, but nevertheless I thought it was an interesting list for several reasons.

HERE

For starters, Yanda is #1, which is always good to see...and I think that's something that the bulk of us would agree with.

Attachment 1549

But also, Peter Konz was dead last among the 70 Guards that they ranked...and there were a number of people strongly advocating him for the first round pick last season. Another favorite of the board, Ben Jones, was #62 of 70.

Kevin Zeitler, another fan favorite (and reportedly the Front Office's favorite amongst 1st round type guys) was ranked #10 of 70, just behind our departed Pro-Bowl Guard Ben Grubbs at #9, and just ahead of another of our departed free agents Chris Chester at #12.

Evan Mathis (whom we flirted with briefly before he returned to Philadelphia) came in 2nd behind only Yanda.

They chose not to regard Osemele as a Guard for the purposes of their rankings...a pity, since I'd be interested to see where they'd have him slotted on that list, but understandable because he played the entirety of the regular season at Tackle. The remaining players who manned our LG spot on the year were ranked 43rd (Harewood), 47th (Reid), and 60th (Bobbie Williams), respectively.

Re: Yanda top-rated Guard in the league

A former third round pick -- another mid-round gem discovered by Ozzie and Co. Perhaps with a full season next year KO will be on this list. And San Fran had both of their guards in the top-5...impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The remaining players who manned our LG spot on the year were ranked 43rd (Harewood), 47th (Reid), and 60th (Bobbie Williams), respectively.
    It's amazing that there were ten players worse than Bobbie Williams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    A former third round pick -- another mid-round gem discovered by Ozzie and Co. Perhaps with a full season next year KO will be on this list. And San Fran had both of their guards in the top-5...impressive.
    Naw, KO will start @ LG, but be our LT by season's end (if I have my way...LOL)... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Naw, KO will start @ LG, but be our LT by season's end (if I have my way...LOL)... Bc
    How many guys who are slightly above average RT's move to LT and are actually better? I'm not effin with you, I am seriously asking the question. I would love to think it can happen that way, and I realize that he was only a rookie and played pretty well all things considered, especially when he moved inside to LG, but to make that leap to LT is a huge one. Remember when they tried it with Mulitalo? It was terrible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    How many guys who are slightly above average RT's move to LT and are actually better? I'm not effin with you, I am seriously asking the question. I would love to think it can happen that way, and I realize that he was only a rookie and played pretty well all things considered, especially when he moved inside to LG, but to make that leap to LT is a huge one. Remember when they tried it with Mulitalo? It was terrible.
    HKusp, you're probably right and I'm a blithering idiot... but I'm on this bandwagon and can't seem to get off. I'd just like the coaches to try him out @ LT during the off-season to see if there's any chance he could develop. Aren't we all tired of the Bryant McKinnie Show, and we already know Oher isn't suited to play there... Bc

Absolutely no way that will happen. None, barring something dramatic.

If we really had an offseason, then yes, I would love to see them try it. The problem is, with the new CBA, the coaches don't have enough access to the players to pull off an intensive try at things like this in general. I would love for the LT of the future to be on the roster already. I just don't think he is. You are not a blithering idiot though. ;)

Blog Entries

Keep KO where he is, our interior line next season is going to be great, I expect Gino to really break out next season, he is very very athletic.

Luvs me some Yanda. He's a beast and deserves all the accolades he gets.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    ... You are not a blithering idiot though... ;)
    Ha, then you haven't talked to my wife's family :( ... Bc

Ha, then you haven't talked to my wife's family :( ... Bc
    From what I hear (granted, it's all from you ) I don't place much emphasis on their opinion.