Manning's USO Journal

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...o-tour-journal

Great read. Touching stuff and really helps to put what's REALLY important into perspective.

Blog Entries

Re: Manning's USO Journal

Not that I really disliked him before or anything. But after him being super humble after the divisional game, and actually wishing Ray good luck in his locker, and of course this, I'm going to find it really hard rooting against Manning if we are out of contention in the next two seasons.

Blog Entries

Yeah, any year the Ravens can't win the Super Bowl I want Peyton Manning to. Too bad the Broncos have the whiniest fans in the NFL that are simply incapable of giving credit where it's due. And their fans seem to think the regular season is more important than the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Yeah, any year the Ravens can't win the Super Bowl I want Peyton Manning to. Too bad the Broncos have the whiniest fans in the NFL that are simply incapable of giving credit where it's due. And their fans seem to think the regular season is more important than the playoffs.
    Well, I actually rooted for the Saints in 2010.

While watching Manning make those throws in the video above, I kept waiting for Corey Graham to jump out of the crowd and pick them off...

Seriously, though, Peyton is a classy guy. I rooted against him when he played for the Irsays, and of course also had to root against him this past year for obvious reasons. But as a person you just can't hate the guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    ...Peyton is a classy guy. I rooted against him when he played for the Irsays, and of course also had to root against him this past year for obvious reasons. But as a person you just can't hate the guy.
    I think a lot of us hated him for serving the demonic Irsays so well, but I always gave him props for the respectful way he handled all the comparisons with Unitas. I can't point to anything specific but I always had the feeling he understood the issues between Baltimore & the Colts & was careful not to exacerbate them.

The other thing I found myself liking about PM is how he seems completely comfortable with making commercials that poke fun at himself. A self-important jerk would never let that happen at any price.