Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pierce: Healthier and Heavier

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,1339689.story

Pierce said he has recovered from a series of injuries, including a bone bruise in his knee. He didn't have to undergo any offseason surgical procedures.

"I'm feeling good, I feel great," Pierce said. "I put a little bit of weight on. Right now, I'm like 228 pounds."
    Gotta say I'm really excited to see how they use Pierce next year.

Blog Entries

Re: Pierce: Healthier and Heavier

Benard Pierce had some clutch runs last season, bouncing off tackle and accelerating up the sideline.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Benard Pierce had some clutch runs last season, bouncing off tackle and accelerating up the sideline.
    He was (as a rookie RB) the perfect compliment to Ray Rice. IMO he will be even more effective in 2013 because of his experience, and the coaching staff's confidence in him. Ain't it grand to be a young man, in your early 20's with a Super Bowl ring, and your whole career ahead of you? ... Bc

I was ecstatic when they drafted him because I had been following him since his freshman year at temple. It was amazing when he was top 5 in the country for rushing yards his first year behind Temple's O-Line. I had always wondered what he could accomplish behind a good o-line with a passing game that prevents defenses from putting 8-9 guys in the box. Great to see he's one of those guys that is always wanting to get better.

Blog Entries
    Our offense is going to be nasty next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

He's got a great future in Baltimore. So glad we have a young guy in that role now.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Size, Vision, great lateral quickness. Prototype zone back, and should really grow next year. Perfect complement to the best receiving back in the game.

Going to be quite a backfield for the next 3 seasons. Gotta hand it to the Front Office. They make it a priority every year and they've had a top 10 backfield almost every year going back to the first superbowl with #31, Priest, and Gash.

Blog Entries

The way the NFL is now it's critical to have multiple backs. We absolutely have that in Rice and Pierce

Cant wait to see how the run game evolves under Castillo, im not sure of his back ground or beliefs as far as how to attack on the ground but im sure Harbs feels like he can enhance it. Between this and Caldwell having an entire offseason to implement his offense and put his head together with Joe to figure out what's best i think we are gonna have a lethal offense next year.

Rice and Pierce should prove to be the best 1-2 in the NFL. The Ravens did a nice job mixing in Pierce slowly at first and then into a bigger role as the season and post season progressed. Although Pierce played through some nagging injuries, it was almost like a fresh back joining the fight.

He must see the field. Must. Put he and Ray in the backfield at the same time on some plays. Barring injuries to key players, we have the potential to be absolutely sickening on offense next season -- and I mean that in a good way.

Blog Entries

It would be amazing to have a top 10 rushing attack next season along with a top flight passing game. Our running game was so inconsistent under Cam since 2010, and it's not as if we don't have talent there. Now that we have arguably the best tandem in the league and one of the best run blocking Olines in the game with a competetent OC, there should be no reason why our running game wont gash most defenses next year who I suspect will be dropping people like crazy with Flacco's insane arm strength and deep ball threat.

I don't see a way to stop this offense if all plays well as it did in the SB run. I honestly think the national media aren't giving this offense enough credit, it was unstoppable in the play offs. Since the game against the Giants, no team has found out a way to stop this offense, and that's some pretty elite teams you're talking about with some really good defenses and coaches. If you stack the box to stop Pierce and Rice, you're just going to give up mass yardage through the air. If you drop back and defend against the deep ball, you're going to have to account for Pitta and Boldin over the middle, and the ground and pound game.

The best way forward is to go exclusively in the no huddle like the Pats did this season. When Flacco has all those options, it's going to take a lot to stop, and the defenses are going to be gassed, it will force them to stay in base defense and not bring on any rotation players to prevent fatigue. If they line up in the nickel, I don't see them stopping Rice or Pierce.