Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yeah, I wonder what Matt Ryan would have done, having to deal with Pittsburgh twice a year.

I remember what happened the first time he played Pittsburgh. It didn't go so well.
    This and also playing outdoors instead of the comfy domes of ATL an NO, and the fair weather cities of CLT and TPA. Ryan would not have fared well as a Raven in the AFC North compared to Flacco and his results!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If they hadn't talked Steve Bisciotti out of what he wanted to do, the Ravens would have ended up with.......................Matt Ryan!!!

Oh no!!!!
    Well to be fair, I wouldn't say "oh no!". Matt Ryan is not exactly Ryan Leaf :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    The what if game? Suppose ryan doesn't choke against the 9ers. What if ryan won almost every playoff game he played in. I guess then he would be comparable to Flacco in post season play. But what if didn't happen, ryan choked this year, more then likelu in th years before. Does that mean he'll choke again? Front office and scouts picked the right guy and the Ravens now have a QB who doesn't choke in post season and has a SB ring along with MVP of the SB. Ryan's close ,but still can't win the big games yet(well,he did win against a seattle team with a rookie QB) Just like the Ravens beat the 9ers with a QB who only played 10 games so far in regular season.
    Ravens organization has made very few bad choices about players and excels in picking guys who make a positive difference on the field.
    Did you read Coastergenius post that I replied to ? I think not. Please read or reread it, so you will know the gist of my reply to him. I was not playing the "what if" game, but answering his post to it... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'll cut Ryan some slack. That is a flawed team around him. He's got some weapons at WR and TE yes, but they have no running game and their defense is highly suspect.
    I had this convo with a Falcons fan saying that Matt Ryan is better and would have won 2 SBs by now if they switched places (which Joe was pretty close to as well). He has the weapons for sure, more than just about any other QB in the league. Running game was by design not lack of ability. Their Defense is where i take notice though. They were ranked 5th in the league in Pts allowed to the Ravens 12th or so. My friend brought up ToP to warrant that they bent but didnt break making our D better because they got off the field more. ToP says otherwise though, as we ranked 30th and they ranked... 9th. I give matt ryan no breaks, hes done less with more since hes been in the league than just about any other QB.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyotc View Post
    Well to be fair, I wouldn't say "oh no!". Matt Ryan is not exactly Ryan Leaf :)
    How about, "Oh, brother" ?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

IIRC...we coulda had Lawrence Phillips also!

I respect Ryan as a good qb but I'm happy wi the one we gott.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)