Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Aldon Smith says "Everyone knew Crabtree was held"

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I wonder if John and Jim have finally talked. I remember that 2 weeks after the game John said they hadn't
    They sat at the combine together. Smith's hold was apparently brought up, and John responded with the fact that Akers wasn't touched and Flacco was hit three yards out of bounds. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    They sat at the combine together. Smith's hold was apparently brought up, and John responded with the fact that Akers wasn't touched and Flacco was hit three yards out of bounds. End of discussion.
    Link?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Apparently, "Everyone" doesn't include the first person who commented on the Aldon Smith quote --

"As a Niner lifer I can tell you they [San Fran] didn’t deserve to win that game. If you can’t punch it with 4 tries from the 7 yard line against that old, tired Ravens D (without Ngata in there) you don’t deserve to be world champs.

The refs did the right thing. Keep the flag in the pocket."

BTW, Diego Maradona just phoned, and said he and Cesar Chavez felt that the ref made the right call...;)

(I have the call on video, if that helps!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Every time I see that photo I want to shout out, Coach, you're doing it wrong!

The left hand should not be holding the right wrist. Instead it should be holding the right bicep at the elbow. Then the right fist is flipped upward facing the targeted party. IIRC the French term for it is le bras d'honneur (Beau should check me on this) & it is in all likelihood the gesture Jim Harbaugh really wanted to make in the direction of the zeebs...

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

lob--
    I believe you are correct in your ID of "le bras d'honneur", although I suspect that combined with Jim's oral gesticulation, there are some prison residents around the globe that might just misinterpret his "sign language" as a pick-up line...;)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Everyone knows:

1. Torrey Smith was interfered with/held on that pass down the sideline in the second half
    2. Pitta was mugged in the end zone on 3rd and 1
    3. Flacco was hit illegally on that same play
    4. Akers dove on that missed FG
    5. Bernard Pollard was held on Gore's 33 yard run on that last drive
    6. Crabtree committed OPI on 2nd down in that last series
    7. Crabtree initiated contact on 4th down
    8. That ball was uncathcable
    9. The 49ers would have lost by 20 points if there was no blackout

Crabtree and Kaepernick did not whine after that 4th down play. They didn't beg for a flag. They got away with a lot that night and it never got called. They had four -- count 'em: four - chances to get into the end zone from no more than 7 yards away and they couldn't get any closer than the five.

This is the real downside of the Jim Harbaugh act. The team doesn't take responsibility for getting curb stomped for 32 minutes. It gives no credit to its adversaries. And it thinks every call against it is terrible and every call for it is great. Listen to FX again. Harbaugh is whining on almost every play.

Advocacy is creating your own spin; idiocy is believing it. They are veering towards idiocy now.
    End of discussion. Great post.

:hammer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Everyone knows:

1. Torrey Smith was interfered with/held on that pass down the sideline in the second half
    2. Pitta was mugged in the end zone on 3rd and 1
    3. Flacco was hit illegally on that same play
    4. Akers dove on that missed FG
    5. Bernard Pollard was held on Gore's 33 yard run on that last drive
    6. Crabtree committed OPI on 2nd down in that last series
    7. Crabtree initiated contact on 4th down
    8. That ball was uncathcable
    9. The 49ers would have lost by 20 points if there was no blackout

Crabtree and Kaepernick did not whine after that 4th down play. They didn't beg for a flag. They got away with a lot that night and it never got called. They had four -- count 'em: four - chances to get into the end zone from no more than 7 yards away and they couldn't get any closer than the five.

This is the real downside of the Jim Harbaugh act. The team doesn't take responsibility for getting curb stomped for 32 minutes. It gives no credit to its adversaries. And it thinks every call against it is terrible and every call for it is great. Listen to FX again. Harbaugh is whining on almost every play.

Advocacy is creating your own spin; idiocy is believing it. They are veering towards idiocy now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    lob--
    I believe you are correct in your ID of "le bras d'honneur", although I suspect that combined with Jim's oral gesticulation, there are some prison residents around the globe that might just misinterpret his "sign language" as a pick-up line...;)
    Would that have any relation to the old joke about OJ Simpson going to the slammer as a tight end & emerging as a wide receiver? Youth demands to know (& geezerdom is a mite curious as well)! :D

I just noted that that image could be from a music video if they changed the lyrics from "Call Me Maybe" to "Call It Maybe." (I'd say "Call It You Cretins" but it wouldn't fit the score ;) & as a recovering poetaster I'm kinda sensitive about that...)

Blog Entries

Who cares. We won, the lost. /End of

I see that Harbs pic and I think about Goodell's concern about someone dying on the field, and I think...someone will eventually die on the field; and it's going to be a coach.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Link?
    Here is the video of John Harbaugh speaking at the FCA Banquet last Monday. He goes through the season, and the entire thing was pretty interesting. Good insights to what was going on during the season. The relevant part to this thread starts at about the 43:00 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvzi0gSaJ5w

Don't get down 22 points in the 2nd half and rely on miracle comebacks then

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012