Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Should the Ravens draft a WR with one of their pick?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think thats because do you change your entire system to feature a guy youre not sure will be able to stay healthy due to that size. so then youre trying to fit him into a system that doesnt necessarily match his strengths where other less explosive/talented players simply by size can be more diverse. its tough and comes down to opinion but i dont see him as 1st round quality and I have him behind 3 others at WR who I also dont feel are worthy. he very well may have the highest ceiling but i think his floor is a lower than those others.
    You keep raising specious arguments and they keep getting knocked down, so here's another one biting the dust: durability and size don't necessarily go hand in hand. Danario Alexander is every inch and pound of 6'5 220, yet the Chargers just lowballed his tender because his knees are hanging on by a thread. He has an injury history, and an established injury history is a much better indicator of being injury prone than mere size.

Tavon Austin has ZERO injury history. He didn't miss a single game in college despite absorbing tons of hits from future NFL players. That's despite touching the ball over 500 combined times in his college career (his 288 receptions are 21st all time and I believe his combined touches are top 5 for a WR/KR).

All of this silliness about Tavon Austin not being big enough to stay durable in the NFL is just totally unsupported by facts/reality. When will reality be able to overcome feelings and guesses?

Ray Rice is a beast of a receiver. So is Welker. I don't see why Austin being small matters at all in terms of durability.

Blog Entries

With Boldin gone, the odds we draft Hopkins, Patton, D. Rogers, maybe Robert Woods (my dark horse candidate for the Ravens) just went up.

I like Hopkins and Patton the best of those, could see us moving up in the second to make sure we get one of them.

Don't forget Tavon Austin also lined up at RB many times and he still held up physically. One of his biggest games this season against Oklahoma, he was RB.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreraventerp View Post
    Don't forget Tavon Austin also lined up at RB many times and he still held up physically. One of his biggest games this season against Oklahoma, he was RB.
    Sounds like the perfect person to run the end around, although we no longer have Cam. Seriously, he won't be Boldin but he could work. Mason wasn't a huge guy and was very productive. He has enough speed(4.34) and quickness to get separation and would be a real danger in space.