I thought Ed's play last year, particularly in the playoffs, was underrated. Rather than being his usual gambling self, he stayed home, taking away the deep middle and preventing guys like Brady and Peyton from taking shots deep in the middle. Ed made a great blitz on the goal line stand, rushing Kapernek(sp?) forcing to him to throw quickly and inaccurately.

I thought Ed had a better year this year than last. He still does not consistently tackle well, but he does pick his spots, I think he made a couple of key tackles near the goal line in the Super Bowl, as well.

I find it interesting that Ozzie has not yet spoken to Reed. As a life-long Raven and future HOF'er, he deserves at least a quick call from Ozzie, saying "Ed we will get to you after we finish up with Joe".

Ozzie said 1) I will handle negotiations with Ed personnally,
2) He will not be sentimental. Not sure any other free agent, or vet with a high cap number, would be considered a more "sentimental " cut than Ed.
3) whether Ed has an agent or not, he will talk to Ed.

Apparently the Ravens talked to a lot of safeties at the combine. This does not strike me as a negotiating ploy, I think it is an honest effort to fill a position of need.

I think the longer Ed doesn't hear from Ozzie, the less likely he returns. I think Ozzie will only bring Ed back after he addresses other concerns and still has cap space left.

RIGHT PLAYER, RIGHT PRICE.