Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What's Your Favorite Ed Reed Moment?

Mine was his interception in the 2009 playoff game against Miami. And it was not the game-changing, over-the-shoulder, ridiculous return for a touchdown one. It was the other one.

I'm going on what I hope is my accurate memory of the play:

Miami has driven down to about our 15 yard line with a chance to get back in the game. I am sitting in the upper deck of the end zone they are driving towards, so I have the 'all-22' view.

Ed is in the back left corner of the defense -- in the end zone. Before the snap I notice him take off on a dead sprint roughly straight toward Miami's left tackle. He is halfway across the field before the center hikes the ball. He and the ball arrive at the same time, an instant before the intended receiver. Pick made, game iced.

Chad Pennington, who I think almost set a record for fewest turnovers that year, had to have been beside himself. Of all the things he was thinking about on that quick slant to his left, the LAST thing on his mind would have been Ed Freaking Reed.

People got on Ed a lot for 'guessing' to much. But the thing was, most of the time he wasn't guessing. He knew.

Gonna miss that guy. Thanks for the memories 20.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Re: What's Your Favorite Ed Reed Moment?

So many. Gotta say the SB parade, and 2 tickets may be my favorite. Thought he would retire here after that. Not so. It was time though. Hope we sign him to a 1 day contract, at the end.

So tough to pick out a favorite. The man was a human highlight film, especially his first few years. The first game that springs to mind took place at FedUp Field back in '04, when I got to witness some of the worst QBing I've ever seen in person. Boller in his "prime" vs. Brunell way past his. Ed Reed stripped Brunell on a blitz, scooped up the ball and scored. He made what was a putrid offensive performance very memorable.

Thanks, Ed!!! I'll sure miss screaming REEEEEEEEED at M&T every Sunday!

His interception and fumble return TD in the game against the Redskins in 2008. I'm partial, since I was at the game and it happened right in front of me.

Beyond that, it's just one huge string of passes going up in the air and heading back the other way in Reed's hands. We were spoiled by his greatness, happening at the same time as Ray Lewis. Hard to think of another 1-2 punch that were among the greatest at their position like that, playing on the same field.

We all knew this season was going to be the end of an era in Baltimore. What an amazing way to end it though.

His 108 yard TD vs. Philly in 2008

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Anytime a man starts breaking his own records, that does it for me. I can still remember how furious the announcer was at Kolb for making that throw. As he kept running, you just knew he was going to find a way in the end zone.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Yes. Maybe one of the top five returns by any player, period. That was Ed at his absolute best. No one can top his ability as an open-field runner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    That's mine, too. Perhaps because I was there, sitting off the corner of the endzone where he made the catch. I don't think I could talk right for a week after that game.

As others have said, it's tough to pick one. I'm a little partial to the Browns game (not sure the year) when he picked off a Jeff Garcia pass in the endzone (which would have tied the game or given the Browns the lead) and took it all the way home, flapping his wings the last couple of yards. However, and maybe because it's more recent, I'd have to go with last year's divisional round game against the Texans. He picks off a T.J. Yates pass to essentially seal the game, and hurt himself in the process (we don't give the man enough credit for what he's put himself through physically for this team). But even more memorable than the pick was Ed with his arms around Ray and Sizzle as they practically carried him off the field. I saw three Baltimore sports heroes, a little older and a little banged up, coming up big yet again when it mattered most. And once again, Ed Reed was in the middle of it.
    "Simply because we were licked a hundred years before we started is no reason for us not to try and win."--Atticus Finch

"Let's score some more points, guys!"--Joe Flacco

10. Re: What's Your Favorite Ed Reed Moment?

I think the '06 Colts playoff would be remembered as his greatest game if the offense had showed up that day.

Ed will be back for a day to retire as a Raven.

The kick return in Philly stands out as do numerous times he would make our hearts skip a beat with his crazy laterals

It will be a very different team next year. Not all bad just different.

Today one era officially closes and a new one begins where the Ravens tradition of excellent D is concerned

Ozzie will get it done.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

12. Re: What's Your Favorite Ed Reed Moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Ed will be back for a day to retire as a Raven.

The kick return in Philly stands out as do numerous times he would make our hearts skip a beat with his crazy laterals

It will be a very different team next year. Not all bad just different.

Today one era officially closes and a new one begins where the Ravens tradition of excellent D is concerned

Ozzie will get it done.
    Haha I was about to say...anytime Ed gets a pick the first thing I scream out is NO LATERALS! I still have nightmares from that colts playoff game in 09.

It's gotta be the Philly 108 pick...I still get a nice jolt everytime I watch it. I predicted that pick in the Super Bowl...knew he was due for one after being quiet the whole playoffs.

But aside from those obvious 2, I am a Ravens fan in Jets territory so that first play of the game strip of Sanchez by Ed, picked up by Jameel and returned to the house 2 seasons ago was a great one.