Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bad Timing, Good Guy

Todd Heap had a solid career in Baltimore, but while he was a warrior (taking many hits over the middle), his timing couldn't have been worse. He was drafted in the 1st round the year AFTER the Ravens won Super Bowl XXXV. He was released by the Ravens two years BEFORE we won Super Bowl XLVII. IMO he was a player worthy of a ring. What say you ? ... Bc

Re: Bad Timing, Good Guy

Nope.

Ring's are for players, coaches, team employees who led the team to the SB win that particular season.

Yes, bad timing. But he had zero to do with our Super Bowl run.

His reward will be the RoH and rightfully so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nope.

Ring's are for players, coaches, team employees who led the team to the SB win that particular season.

:word

I am huge Todd Heap fan, but a SB ring is for people who were part of the team and organization that particular year.

No. It's been two years. If anything the appropiate discussion would be whether he's worthy of being inducted in the ravens hall of fame.

Well. If that's the case, perhaps we could consider giving Kyle Boller a ring too?
    /sarcasm off

Blog Entries

The intentions are good but I don't see how players who were on the team in 2012 would ever go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    Well. If that's the case, perhaps we could consider giving Kyle Boller a ring too?
    /sarcasm off
    He's the reason Flacco was drafted, so ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nope.

You're right, but my verbiage stinks. I did not mean the Ravens should give him a Super Bowl ring...I meant that he was unlucky to not have been on a championship team during his years in Baltimore.
    ROH, yes. Sorry for the mis-phrasing... Bc

No way would Heap even accept a ring, if it was offered.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

If Heap was still here, I wonder how Pitta (and to a lesser extent, Dickson) would have progressed, or if we would even have drafted them. Everything happens for a reason. Heap's not being here enabled the emergence of Pitta, Joe's best friend and favorite target.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    You're right, but my verbiage stinks. I did not mean the Ravens should give him a Super Bowl ring...I meant that he was unlucky to not have been on a championship team during his years in Baltimore.
    ROH, yes. Sorry for the mis-phrasing... Bc
    and Kelly Gregg and Jarett Johnson. I was really hoping we could get a ring for them. Ah well, let's just appreciate the ones who did (REEEEED)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Maybe we give rings to the 49ers for "beating themselves".