Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

I think in the next week or so...

Ellerbe gets a deal, 5/25 range
    Jacoby and Anquan both get 3/15 type extensions
    Leach is cut, Bobbie Williams is cut... Leach is offerred $1m salary and tests market, may come back eventually.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think Reed's comments on NFL AM yesterday foreshadowed him eventually leaving.

1. He said if he went to New England, he'd win not one, but TWO SBs
    2. When asked if the Ravens should pay him for his past performance or future performance, he made it seem like there's no difference, because he's going to be playing at the best of his abilities for the next few years

The 1st one isn't anything groundbreaking (he's not dissing the Ravens, but saying he's that good of a player), but the 2nd one tells me he's not going to temper his contract demands, and he's going to expect an INCREASE in his pay.

EDIT - I suck at grammar
    Except the Patriots are not known for handing out big contracts for aging veteran players. They like to get them on the cheap for 1-2 years. I am pretty certain that the Ravens could match whatever the Patriots offerred Reed, because I don't think that it would be a huge contract. I still say the most likely destination for Ed is the Colts should he choose to leave. He loves Pagano and the Colts have a lot of cap room.

Blog Entries

ESPN's Ed Werder reported on SportsCenter Tuesday that the Ravens don't expect to re-sign free agent Paul Kruger.
    Kruger is going to get paid like a premier NFL pass rusher, and GM Ozzie Newsome doesn't see him as that. "The Ravens have pretty much resigned themselves to the likelihood that he's going to play for another team," Werder reported. "And they drafted Courtney Upshaw last year to play that same position." Expect the Browns and Colts to show initial interest in Kruger.
    As we expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Except the Patriots are not known for handing out big contracts for aging veteran players. They like to get them on the cheap for 1-2 years. I am pretty certain that the Ravens could match whatever the Patriots offerred Reed, because I don't think that it would be a huge contract. I still say the most likely destination for Ed is the Colts should he choose to leave. He loves Pagano and the Colts have a lot of cap room.
    Jesus now they're likely to get Reed and Kruger. Baltimore Colts anyone?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I don't think McKinnie will be back

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

What would it take to get Bushrod? I would not mind a 5 year 30m contract. Not have to worry about LT for a number of years. He was a bit up and down last year. What do you think Freeney would command as a situational pass rusher? 2 years 11m?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    What would it take to get Bushrod? I would not mind a 5 year 30m contract. Not have to worry about LT for a number of years. He was a bit up and down last year. What do you think Freeney would command as a situational pass rusher? 2 years 11m?
    Bushrod made the pro bowl last year but the Saints don't want him back. His name doesn't seem to end up on any top free agent lists which is interesting. You would think he'd get pretty good money but it's a very strange case.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Bushrod made the pro bowl last year but the Saints don't want him back. His name doesn't seem to end up on any top free agent lists which is interesting. You would think he'd get pretty good money but it's a very strange case.
    I have seen some places that he may command a contract similar to Beatty. The guy has potential and he could end up being a steal at 6-7m per. Locks down the LT spot for 4 -5 years.

Blog Entries

Let em' all go.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Bushrod is pretty terrible actually, roughly on Oher's level. $6-7m is far too much, IMo. Brees makes him look far better then he really is.