Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?



    I think Reed's comments on NFL AM yesterday foreshadowed him eventually leaving.

    1. He said if he went to New England, he'd win not one, but TWO SBs
    2. When asked if the Ravens should pay him for his past performance or future performance, he made it seem like there's no difference, because he's going to be playing at the best of his abilities for the next few years

    The 1st one isn't anything groundbreaking (he's not dissing the Ravens, but saying he's that good of a player), but the 2nd one tells me he's not going to temper his contract demands, and he's going to expect an INCREASE in his pay.

    EDIT - I suck at grammar
    Last edited by RavenScallywag; 03-05-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,124
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think Reed's comments on NFL AM yesterday foreshadowed him eventually leaving.

    1. He said if he went to New England, he'd win not one, but TWO SBs
    2. When asked if the Ravens should pay him for his past performance or future performance, he made it seem like there's no difference, because he's going to be playing at the best of his abilities for the next few years

    The 1st one isn't anything groundbreaking (he's not dissing the Ravens, but saying he's that good of a player), but the 2nd one tells me he's not going to tamper his contract demands, and he's going to expect an INCREASE in his pay.
    I won't be sad if Reed leaves to be honest. I don't get emotionally attached to old veterans like some people do. I love what Reed did here, but all good things come to an end.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,441
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    They let Ray test the market. Let Reed do the same. But make no mistake, father time is undefeated. He is going to have to come to terms with that in terms of what he will be paid here. If some team wants to break the bank for him, bully for him.




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,019
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    I made my peace with Reed leaving a long time ago. At this point the shocking thing would be if he actually comes back. I just don't see that happening.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #35

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Ed's is one of my favorite athletes...any sport, any era.
    I still don't want the team in cap jeopardy (by any stretch) to keep him here.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

    Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

    Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blair (aka Bel Air)
    Posts
    909

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    I would think a restructure/extension for Q would be a priority. Any idea what kind of numbers or years he is looking for?




  7. #37

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    I think in the next week or so...

    Ellerbe gets a deal, 5/25 range
    Jacoby and Anquan both get 3/15 type extensions
    Leach is cut, Bobbie Williams is cut... Leach is offerred $1m salary and tests market, may come back eventually.




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,983

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think Reed's comments on NFL AM yesterday foreshadowed him eventually leaving.

    1. He said if he went to New England, he'd win not one, but TWO SBs
    2. When asked if the Ravens should pay him for his past performance or future performance, he made it seem like there's no difference, because he's going to be playing at the best of his abilities for the next few years

    The 1st one isn't anything groundbreaking (he's not dissing the Ravens, but saying he's that good of a player), but the 2nd one tells me he's not going to temper his contract demands, and he's going to expect an INCREASE in his pay.

    EDIT - I suck at grammar
    Except the Patriots are not known for handing out big contracts for aging veteran players. They like to get them on the cheap for 1-2 years. I am pretty certain that the Ravens could match whatever the Patriots offerred Reed, because I don't think that it would be a huge contract. I still say the most likely destination for Ed is the Colts should he choose to leave. He loves Pagano and the Colts have a lot of cap room.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,124
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    ESPN's Ed Werder reported on SportsCenter Tuesday that the Ravens don't expect to re-sign free agent Paul Kruger.
    Kruger is going to get paid like a premier NFL pass rusher, and GM Ozzie Newsome doesn't see him as that. "The Ravens have pretty much resigned themselves to the likelihood that he's going to play for another team," Werder reported. "And they drafted Courtney Upshaw last year to play that same position." Expect the Browns and Colts to show initial interest in Kruger.
    As we expected.




  10. #40

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Except the Patriots are not known for handing out big contracts for aging veteran players. They like to get them on the cheap for 1-2 years. I am pretty certain that the Ravens could match whatever the Patriots offerred Reed, because I don't think that it would be a huge contract. I still say the most likely destination for Ed is the Colts should he choose to leave. He loves Pagano and the Colts have a lot of cap room.
    Jesus now they're likely to get Reed and Kruger. Baltimore Colts anyone?
    Formerly runrayrun27

    Twitter: @cjacks17





  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,930
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    I don't think McKinnie will be back
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  12. #42

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    What would it take to get Bushrod? I would not mind a 5 year 30m contract. Not have to worry about LT for a number of years. He was a bit up and down last year. What do you think Freeney would command as a situational pass rusher? 2 years 11m?




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,019
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    What would it take to get Bushrod? I would not mind a 5 year 30m contract. Not have to worry about LT for a number of years. He was a bit up and down last year. What do you think Freeney would command as a situational pass rusher? 2 years 11m?
    Bushrod made the pro bowl last year but the Saints don't want him back. His name doesn't seem to end up on any top free agent lists which is interesting. You would think he'd get pretty good money but it's a very strange case.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  14. #44

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Bushrod made the pro bowl last year but the Saints don't want him back. His name doesn't seem to end up on any top free agent lists which is interesting. You would think he'd get pretty good money but it's a very strange case.
    I have seen some places that he may command a contract similar to Beatty. The guy has potential and he could end up being a steal at 6-7m per. Locks down the LT spot for 4 -5 years.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,321
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Let em' all go.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland