Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

Teams that have been mentioned as being interested in Ellerbe: Browns, Colts, Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Giants...probably missed a couple of other teams. It will be very interesting to see what Ozzie will do here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm sure he will and frankly, it is going to be hard for him to turn down a big contract. He has been a udfa and then a second round tender. This is probably his 1 and only shot to get a big, multi-year contract.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I wouldn't blame him at all. Gotta take the money if its there. I know I would. Hopefully we can keep him if not oh well. Right player right price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I wouldn't blame him at all. Gotta take the money if its there. I know I would. Hopefully we can keep him if not oh well. Right player right price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly

Blog Entries

If he really wants to stay, five million per year, for his position, is good money to stay. However, it's not often that guys get to experience FA.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

At this point the only Ravens I expect back is Ed Reed believe it or not.

At least McKinnie, Ellerbe, Kruger, and Cary Williams will give us some good picks next year. We will bring in some guys through FA.

I think only Ellerbe before the market opens sign. He will be a Raven. Also think Reed will stay home but do hit the market first. Everyone else will chase the money.

Blog Entries

I dont think theres going to be a huge market for Reed, and i think hes content with a wait and see approach. I dont think he really wants to play elsewhere, so as long as were saying wed like him back, which we are, he probably lingers. Make no mistake though, Im sure those 3 or 4 teams that are interested will throw their offers out there early. If theres a big one say from NO or even NE, that we just cant match, i wouldnt be surprised if he signed the first week.

Kruger is gone. Hes going to get thrown a good deal and honestly we just cant match without hampering ourselves elsewhere.

Ellerbe, I think will have a huge market, but ILB seem to linger on the market longer than others. Lofton i believe signed the first week, but Hawthorne was available late and McClain garnered little to no interest at all. Ellerbe has out played those later two, but im still not sure he has the same value as Lofton, although he is the top FA at ILB so maybe thats all that matters to get a similar deal. I was thinking 4-5 is about as high as hes worth. If it goes to 6 i think "right player, right price" takes over, and we start looking for other options. I do admit hes a priority.

McKinnie is another animal. I dont think there will be a large market for him. I also think hes going to take the best deal he gets offered. I dont think well be his best deal. the play was night and day better with him, but that just proves we need a better LT not necessarily McKinnie and his headaches. I still think some team will bring him in the first week if nothing more than to see where hes at physically so if he is on the market longer they can see if hes remained in shape or fallen out completely.

Cary we pretty much are aware were losing. I think he did similar to joe, bet on himself and won. 3/15 is going to look pretty cheap after he signs his contract.

So really Im not really sure who we keep. I know my priorities would be Ellerbe, Kruger, Reed, McKinnie, Williams but factoring in money they expect, Id really only go after Ellerbe and Reed. Of those two, i can only see Reed not taking his highest offer to be here. I dont blame ellerbe for that either, he doesnt have the money these others do.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

For what its worth, Curtis Lofton was garbage this year, and was a big part of the issue with the Saints D. That may have been due to injury or some other reason, and I'm not saying Ellerbe will be the same, but its something to consider before throwing Ellerbe a bunch of money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    For what its worth, Curtis Lofton was garbage this year, and was a big part of the issue with the Saints D. That may have been due to injury or some other reason, and I'm not saying Ellerbe will be the same, but its something to consider before throwing Ellerbe a bunch of money.
    Im not sure of what happened in NO. I know hawthorne wasnt as good either but was injured some. Both of those guys were some of the better ILB in the league before going to NO. I think that has a lot to do with the team moreso than the player, in this case.
    -JAB

I think people may be underestimating the market for McKinnie. What did Jarred Gaither sign for last year? That guy has been an enigma his whole career. McKinnie while usually not playing up to his potential and being a bit aloof, has certainly outplayed Gaither. Starting LT's in this league get paid. Especially one's from a Superbowl winning team that end up FA's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I think people may be underestimating the market for McKinnie. What did Jarred Gaither sign for last year? That guy has been an enigma his whole career. McKinnie while usually not playing up to his potential and being a bit aloof, has certainly outplayed Gaither. Starting LT's in this league get paid. Especially one's from a Superbowl winning team that end up FA's.
    Jarred Gaither is even now, still a young talent, and I'm not sure if teams were aware of his character issues at the time. He is really talented and thats what teams saw. McKinnie is well on the wrong side of 30, and its well known that he is a lazy offseason worker. I think McKinnie will get a 2/3 year contract somewhere for 3/4 M a year. Whether that's here or not, we'll see.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Ellerbe is THE priority right now but he'll surely want to see what he's worth on the open market. Same for Kruger although he's not as much of a priority for me. (I don't know ---I just think he knew this was a contract season and played above and beyond his head. Would not be easy but he's replaceable IMO.)

Would love to get BMac back if the price is right and if his mindset/motivation is still where it was during this post-season.