Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,723
    Blog Entries
    7

    Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?



    Kruger?
    Ellerbe?
    McKinnie?

    An extension for Boldin or Jacoby or both?

    Maybe they do nothing?

    Who do you think the Ravens will sign during this exclusive window they have before free agency starts next week
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. #2

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Kruger?
    Ellerbe?
    McKinnie?

    An extension for Boldin or Jacoby or both?

    Maybe they do nothing?

    Who do you think the Ravens will sign during this exclusive window they have before free agency starts next week
    I think if ANYTHING they'll extend Boldin. The Ravens will usually let the market decide their FAs worth. I am guessing they let all UFA's negotiate their best deal, and see if they can match/beat it.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,723
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    I see them trying to sign Ellerbe this week but he'll probably hit the market.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  4. #4

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    I don't think they will do anything, to be honest. I agree with kronusthebonus, the Ravens usually let the market dictate their FAs worth.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  5. #5

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    We'll make an attempt on Ellerbe and he'll initially decline.
    Same for the Big Whopper.
    If we have time before the 12th...for Ed too, we'll make an attempt. Same outcome.

    So ultimately, I think we're going to let everyone hit this saturated market. We'll see how things shake out and revisit with those who haven't been scooped up. No idea how long or short that list will be.
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Team MVP to-date: Rick Wagner and C.J. Mosley (tie)

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    We'll make an attempt on Ellerbe and he'll initially decline.
    Same for the Big Whopper.
    If we have time before the 12th...for Ed too, we'll make an attempt. Same outcome.

    So ultimately, I think we're going to let everyone hit this saturated market. We'll see how things shake out and revisit with those who haven't been scooped up. No idea how long or short that list will be.
    I dont know about that. Ellerbe may sign right away. Clearly he has a good thing going here.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,158
    Blog Entries
    4
    I expect Kruger to be signed quick after FA starts. The rest I think will be out there. I don't see a big market for ellerbe, McKinnie or reed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  8. #8

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I expect Kruger to be signed quick after FA starts. The rest I think will be out there. I don't see a big market for ellerbe, McKinnie or reed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree on 2 of the 3 but Ellerbe is going to get some good offers. The key is who is willing to make a stupid offer.

    If the midget had the cap room/if this was pre-shanny he'd throw something like 5/$45M just to snatch him from the Ravens and replace a good but ancient London Fletcher.

    I say the Ravens make him a 5/$30M offer right at the deadline and he accepts it. The deal though will actually be 3/$15 with the opportunity to extend much like Flacco's.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I expect Kruger to be signed quick after FA starts. The rest I think will be out there. I don't see a big market for ellerbe, McKinnie or reed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    McKinnie and Reed, you're probably right.

    Ellerbe, however (and unfortunately), I think is going to be a highly sought after FA. There are a couple of teams that are switching to 3-4 and are going to be looking for 3-4 components. Ellerbe is also someone that could probably play middle or strong side in a 4-3 as well. He's a very good blitzing linebacker, which is something that a lot of defenses running a 4-3 would really be interested in.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,158
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    McKinnie and Reed, you're probably right.

    Ellerbe, however (and unfortunately), I think is going to be a highly sought after FA. There are a couple of teams that are switching to 3-4 and are going to be looking for 3-4 components. Ellerbe is also someone that could probably play middle or strong side in a 4-3 as well. He's a very good blitzing linebacker, which is something that a lot of defenses running a 4-3 would really be interested in.
    I think Ellerbe is a good FA. I just think it might take a bit for him to sign. He might try to see if he can get more than what the Ravens are offering.




  11. #11
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Who do the Ravens Re-Sign before Free Agency?

    flukko




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

    I think Ellerbe is a good FA. I just think it might take a bit for him to sign. He might try to see if he can get more than what the Ravens are offering.
    I'm sure he will and frankly, it is going to be hard for him to turn down a big contract. He has been a udfa and then a second round tender. This is probably his 1 and only shot to get a big, multi-year contract.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland