Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Chiefs sign Bowe to 5 yr deal and tag Albert

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nope...Albert is the LT. They just signed Eric Winston to play the right side last year.

I expect KC to try like crazy to trade that pick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The more I think about it the more I think you're right. Andy is going to fleece someone, payback for the niners robbery, then again what goes around comes around for Andy, he's fleeced others for his QBs in the past (see Kolb, Mcnabb)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    So how does this impact the #1 draft pick. I believe Albert plays the right side correct? I ask because there were talks about KC being interested in Joeckel.
    Albert plays LT. He's also a hard player to grade because he's insanely inconsistent. He plays great some days and awful the next.

Blog Entries

Jake Long is not getting 10 million coming off of two injury ridden seasons. He's going to get 7-8 million from Baltimore and a Super Bowl Ring. He'll be damn happy about it too.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Chiefs are going to be good.
    You truly think that? I'm not trying to sound argumentative, but overpaying for a game-managing type QB ,combined with keeping a horribly overrated, inconsistent WR and a injury-plagued LT aren't exactly a recipe to make a 2-14 team good IMO.

Bowe is, without any debate in my mind, the most overrated WR in the game today.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    So how does this impact the #1 draft pick. I believe Albert plays the right side correct? I ask because there were talks about KC being interested in Joeckel.
    Nah, Albert's their LT. So as I see it the Chiefs are sitting pretty. They can either:

1) Draft a defender like DT Sharrif Floyd, Sheldon Richardson or Star Lotulelei if he checks out physically, or,

2) Trade down. Seems like a few teams would like Joeckel or possibly still Geno Smith

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Jake Long is not getting 10 million coming off of two injury ridden seasons. He's going to get 7-8 million from Baltimore and a Super Bowl Ring. He'll be damn happy about it too.
    7-8 million we dont have for an injury prone LT? not a chance. Somebody will overpay for him, but it wont be Ozzie.
    -JAB

The Ravens weren't going to be in on Albert (or Long). Even if he hadn't been tagged, the Ravens don't buy high dollar FA's. One, we don't have the cap room, even with Joe's extension. And two, the Ravens don't make big splashes in free agency. It's not our model. Shoot, we're not going to be able to keep Kruger, and will probably lose Ellerbe because of cap/salary reasons. Not sure how ppl think we'd be players for other teams big $$ FA's.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    So much for making a run at Albert.
    I can't begin to fathom the depths of GOTA's despair. He really wanted Albert in purple... :sly:
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nope...Albert is the LT. They just signed Eric Winston to play the right side last year.

I expect KC to try like crazy to trade that pick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yup.

KC is definitely trading down.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yup.

KC is definitely trading down.
    didnt albert play some G or project to G? maybe this is just them moving him inside hoping to limit injuries? I dont think this means they immediately trade out. probably the most likely but without a bunch of talent im sure theyd still take Joeckel or maybe even Star (depending on his heart), if they arent overwhelmed for the pick.
    -JAB

I'd consider seeing what the market dictates for Sam Baker... but at this point, re-signing McKinnie for two years and drafting a raw LT like Menelik Watson seems like our best play.

I'm leaning that way as well. McKinnie will be cheap, the only issue is the risk of him pulling another stunt. You'd hope that with he and Harbaugh coming to terms, that wouldn't be an issue. We'll have to wait and see.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...