Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Per Espn: "Flacco says he feels respected with new deal"

I'm sure he feels fellated, er I mean elated!

Re: Per Espn: "Flacco says he feels respected with new deal"

But what's way funnier than any joke I could come up with is this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...t-flacco-money

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    But what's way funnier than any joke I could come up with is this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...t-flacco-money
    Meh qbs get paid even if they are chokers like Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan should not get Flacco money, but he probably will given how the Falcons overpaid him with his rookie contract.

To me its just the nature of the QB position to get paid big money. Ryan will probably get paid around same ball park, Stafford will probably get paid same ball park. Cam Newton in 2 years will get paid more than Flacco, it just is what it is.

Blog Entries

Looking at the deal, it was more about respect for him and his agent than $. His deal is actually a 3 year deal, but the headlines read he is highest paid player, but not in reality and most of his contract is just fluff. It looks like a win win for the Ravens and Flacco. Waiting for his endorsement deals to start also. After 3 years, both parties will be at the table again, apparently.

I guess Flacco is just like every other QB who has an ego that needs to be satisified and I mean that in a good way.

As for Ryan, sadly he'll probably get a similiar contract. Below I think is just flawed thinking. The same author says "nobody blames Matt Ryan as the reason Atlanta doesn't have a championship". Really? Who's the blame? Ryan is part of the problem and will have to be part of the solution if they want to win a superbowl..SMH...what hyprocrisy. I'm glad Joe has his ring. Here's to a few more!!

They want to sign the quarterback to a long-term contract extension this offseason. The parameters already are in place. They’ll have to pay him like a champion.

They’ll have to pay him like Flacco

8. Re: Per Espn: "Flacco says he feels respected with new deal"

Matt Ryan hasn't won a Super Bowl, but his regular season production has been a lot better statistically than a lot of people might gather. He was awesome for my fantasy team last year.

If I were the Falcons, I'd lock him down to a contract. Maybe not to a Flacco contract until he wins the big one, but a significant one. Ryan's value is $15m a year minimum these days, and he probably would get $20m a year on the open market. If you think the Clevelands, Jacksonvilles, and Buffalos of the world wouldn't salivate over Matt Ryan taking the helm of their team and whip out their checkbooks, I think you're mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmCityCrab View Post
    Matt Ryan hasn't won a Super Bowl, but his regular season production has been a lot better statistically than a lot of people might gather. He was awesome for my fantasy team last year.

If I were the Falcons, I'd lock him down to a contract. Maybe not to a Flacco contract until he wins the big one, but a significant one. Ryan's value is $15m a year minimum these days, and he probably would get $20m a year on the open market. If you think the Clevelands, Jacksonvilles, and Buffalos of the world wouldn't salivate over Matt Ryan taking the helm of their team and whip out their checkbooks, I think you're mistaken.
    Atlanta should start at 12m with escalators to make more depending on how far in the post season ryan takes them. Personally, playing in a dome helps ryan win in the regular season,but his choking in the post season is troublesome. Atlanta will need that no 1 seed to have any hopes of getting to the SB. I think other teams will defend better against ryan and his receivers amd they won't make post season. A lot of games in 2012 were too close agains average teams.
    Didn't read or see espn about Flacco, but Joe knows what he can do and respect is nice, but does Joe really care? Common on, he really likes playing football and winning, something he is very good at.

Ryan has won exactly 1 playoff game in 5 years. He's no Flacco!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Ryan has won exactly 1 playoff game in 5 years. He's no Flacco!
    0-2 on the road.
    Late game pick against Arizona in his debut that sealed the game.
    Pick six right before the half, on his home turf against Green Bay, that sealed that game.......by halftime.
    0, count em', 0 offensive points in the Meadowlands against the Giants, while he struggled to make throws deeper down the field in those cold, windy conditions.
    A decent game against Seattle, a pretty good game against San Fransisco, except for the two turnovers each, at the most inopportune times.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Yes if they had a better defense and perhaps upgrade the RB position, who knows? Ryan is going to get paid and we can say he doesn't deserve just like non-Raven fans are saying Flacco didn't deserve it. It's what the market dictates

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!