Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 29
  1. #13

    Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If the Ravens go WR...Hunter could be interesting, but the guy I REALLY like is DeAndre Hopkins out of Clemson. He is like a mix of Hakeem Nicks and Justin Blackmon.
    Not my boy as widely documented , but WRT to WRs, I believe we've had an ACC lean lately.
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Team MVP to-date: Rick Wagner and C.J. Mosley (tie)

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If the Ravens go WR...Hunter could be interesting, but the guy I REALLY like is DeAndre Hopkins out of Clemson. He is like a mix of Hakeem Nicks and Justin Blackmon.
    Agreed. I watched a lot of tape over the weekend on Hopkins, and he screams Reggie Wayne IMO. He is a guy who although doesn't have a whole lot of speed, he will get open due to his route running and body control. He has great sized hands which is a plus and was very productive at Clemson. He is my new favorite pick for the Ravens to draft.

    Also, as much as I like Austin I don't believe he has the capability to block near as well as Hopkins on the outside for our running game.




  3. #15

    Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??

    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Agreed. I watched a lot of tape over the weekend on Hopkins, and he screams Reggie Wayne IMO. He is a guy who although doesn't have a whole lot of speed, he will get open due to his route running and body control. He has great sized hands which is a plus and was very productive at Clemson. He is my new favorite pick for the Ravens to draft.

    Also, as much as I like Austin I don't believe he has the capability to block near as well as Hopkins on the outside for our running game.
    Pretty cool YouTube video of Hopkins making one-handed catches from a jugs machine:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwB5J11rmdU




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,223
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??

    You could see it at the combine when he ran the gauntlet, such soft but strong hands.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bel Air
    Posts
    38

    Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??

    Hey Guys: would you be interested if I wrote up an article in-depth about all WR possibilities?? I'm ready for it.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,087
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??

    I'll just give you one bit of advice. When you research these players for your write up, keep in mind that Ozzie only takes players in the first round that he personally has a first round grade on. He never takes a player in the first round that he didn't have a first round grade on. I can't remember what the Grade was on Kyle Boller, but that might have been the only one I can think of and Ozzie has regretted that ever since.

    Now, also keep in mind that some guys Ozzie has taken in the second round, have been given a first round grade as well. Torrey Smith is a player who, by John Harbaugh's admission, had a first round grade. They were stunned that he was still there in the second round.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWedra View Post
    Hey Guys: would you be interested if I wrote up an article in-depth about all WR possibilities?? I'm ready for it.
    Sure. Make it so
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Team MVP to-date: Rick Wagner and C.J. Mosley (tie)

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  8. #20

    Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWedra View Post
    Hey Guys: would you be interested if I wrote up an article in-depth about all WR possibilities?? I'm ready for it.
    Yes, please do so. I think WR is a very underrated need for us heading into the draft. Now that Joe is locked up, he needs some consistent playmakers on the outside. Q can't play forever and Torrey can't do it all by himself. Now, I do hope we can restructure Jacoby so that he's here for a few more years, but we still need some young wideouts to develop.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rosedale, MD
    Posts
    808

    Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??

    Kevin Minter and Tavon Austin are the two picks I'd love to have to chose between when pick 32 comes up.

    Sad part is...I want both
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,286
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Kevin Minter and Tavon Austin are the two picks I'd love to have to chose between when pick 32 comes up.

    Sad part is...I want both
    If it is between those two...Austin all the way.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,330
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??

    Your Jenkins writeup could've been used nearly word-for-word for Cody 2 years ago. That's what's scary. Guys that big don't need technique to dominate in college, but once they get to the NFL it's critical. Unless Jenkins is already fundamentally sound--& if he has stamina problems I have to wonder; sounds as if he's just done it with brute force--Oz won't go anywhere near him in any round.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rosedale, MD
    Posts
    808

    Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If it is between those two...Austin all the way.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I have to admit, it would be cool to see two local guys burning CBs down the field while catching bombs from the Super Bowl XLVII MVP
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland