Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Any of these prospects worth grabbing??

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If the Ravens go WR...Hunter could be interesting, but the guy I REALLY like is DeAndre Hopkins out of Clemson. He is like a mix of Hakeem Nicks and Justin Blackmon.
    Not my boy as widely documented :) , but WRT to WRs, I believe we've had an ACC lean lately.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

If the Ravens go WR...Hunter could be interesting, but the guy I REALLY like is DeAndre Hopkins out of Clemson. He is like a mix of Hakeem Nicks and Justin Blackmon.
    Agreed. I watched a lot of tape over the weekend on Hopkins, and he screams Reggie Wayne IMO. He is a guy who although doesn't have a whole lot of speed, he will get open due to his route running and body control. He has great sized hands which is a plus and was very productive at Clemson. He is my new favorite pick for the Ravens to draft.

Also, as much as I like Austin I don't believe he has the capability to block near as well as Hopkins on the outside for our running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Agreed. I watched a lot of tape over the weekend on Hopkins, and he screams Reggie Wayne IMO. He is a guy who although doesn't have a whole lot of speed, he will get open due to his route running and body control. He has great sized hands which is a plus and was very productive at Clemson. He is my new favorite pick for the Ravens to draft.

Also, as much as I like Austin I don't believe he has the capability to block near as well as Hopkins on the outside for our running game.
    Pretty cool YouTube video of Hopkins making one-handed catches from a jugs machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwB5J11rmdU

Blog Entries

You could see it at the combine when he ran the gauntlet, such soft but strong hands.

Hey Guys: would you be interested if I wrote up an article in-depth about all WR possibilities?? I'm ready for it.

Blog Entries

I'll just give you one bit of advice. When you research these players for your write up, keep in mind that Ozzie only takes players in the first round that he personally has a first round grade on. He never takes a player in the first round that he didn't have a first round grade on. I can't remember what the Grade was on Kyle Boller, but that might have been the only one I can think of and Ozzie has regretted that ever since.

Now, also keep in mind that some guys Ozzie has taken in the second round, have been given a first round grade as well. Torrey Smith is a player who, by John Harbaugh's admission, had a first round grade. They were stunned that he was still there in the second round.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWedra View Post
    Hey Guys: would you be interested if I wrote up an article in-depth about all WR possibilities?? I'm ready for it.
    Sure. Make it so
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWedra View Post
    Yes, please do so. I think WR is a very underrated need for us heading into the draft. Now that Joe is locked up, he needs some consistent playmakers on the outside. Q can't play forever and Torrey can't do it all by himself. Now, I do hope we can restructure Jacoby so that he's here for a few more years, but we still need some young wideouts to develop.

Kevin Minter and Tavon Austin are the two picks I'd love to have to chose between when pick 32 comes up.

Sad part is...I want both :(
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Kevin Minter and Tavon Austin are the two picks I'd love to have to chose between when pick 32 comes up.

Sad part is...I want both :(
    If it is between those two...Austin all the way.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Your Jenkins writeup could've been used nearly word-for-word for Cody 2 years ago. That's what's scary. Guys that big don't need technique to dominate in college, but once they get to the NFL it's critical. Unless Jenkins is already fundamentally sound--& if he has stamina problems I have to wonder; sounds as if he's just done it with brute force--Oz won't go anywhere near him in any round.

If it is between those two...Austin all the way.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I have to admit, it would be cool to see two local guys burning CBs down the field while catching bombs from the Super Bowl XLVII MVP
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis