Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I would be pretty chuffed if we got him. He has really good size too. Its arguable that the likes of the Bears got a really bad deal by over paying for guys like Jermon Bushrod, when they could have got someone like Starks on the cheap, who's probably a better pass blocker anyway.
    Worked for a British company for 9 years and made several trips to the UK but I had to look up chuffed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

There's no way Suggs gets cut. Ozzie likes his hybrid OLB's. He's had a fetish for them ever since drafting Bouleware. He's been looking for Bouleware's clone ever since, and the closest he's gotten is Suggs.

I'd be shocked if Dumervil ends up a Raven. Pleasantly shocked. I think Pees could find a way to get him, Upshaw, and Suggs plenty of snaps each. I'm sure he'd love to have that problem.

Max Starks would be a good signing. He's a dependable pass-blocking LT, and he's not bad at run blocking. He and that Pittsburgh O-line take a lot of heat for bad decisions made by Roethlisberger. Plus, we don't have to worry about him facing Suggs on game day. Suggs has had some good games against Stark. Stark's had some decent games against Suggs, too.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens to work out Tavon Austin in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If we cut Suggs, I'd be livid.
    While I don't think it (cutting Suggs) will happen, I'm writing some practice posts
    so I can be ready if it does. A time saver boys... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Like to see the Ravens go after Max Starks, he has been very solid past two years in Pittsburgh and vastly underpaid, plus weakens your rival.
    He has been ok the past two years. In fairness to Starks the rest of his O line outside of Pouncy was junk and that does not help matters any.

He could be a good one year stop gap if they draft a LT in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Would far prefer Starks at LT and Oher at RT instead of Oher at LT and having to put KO at RT
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

I agree with that. Starks is preferable over McKinney too. He's younger without the drama. Plus he'd be a bargain next to a questionable Long.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I agree with that. Starks is preferable over McKinney too. He's younger without the drama. Plus he'd be a bargain next to a questionable Long.
    Don't hate hte idea, but in terms of conditioning he's a lot like Mckinnie, he's a big boy and gets gassed throughout the game. He lowered his sacks allowed, but his QB hurries increased dramatically. Could playing beside an all pro interior line help? Probably which would be interesting. I dont know though. I'd take him over McKinnie. Jake Long isn't happening unless they do something nuts
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Don't hate hte idea, but in terms of conditioning he's a lot like Mckinnie, he's a big boy and gets gassed throughout the game. He lowered his sacks allowed, but his QB hurries increased dramatically. Could playing beside an all pro interior line help? Probably which would be interesting. I dont know though. I'd take him over McKinnie. Jake Long isn't happening unless they do something nuts
    As a guy to plug in for a year you could do worse. If they went that route and drafted say Armistead or someone like that....not to bad.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    As a guy to plug in for a year you could do worse. If they went that route and drafted say Armistead or someone like that....not to bad.
    long aint comin here ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    long aint comin here ;-)
    Agreed. Talking bout Max Starks though
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I'd still rather have McKinnie, but make no mistake about it, Max Starks is a better option than going back to Oher at LT.

Blog Entries

Don't know if you've all listened to this or not, but Greg Cossell has done a SC podcast about free agency so far, and there's a bit about the Ravens that is interesting:

http://t.co/ZRqSLaEg2B

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Don't know if you've all listened to this or not, but Greg Cossell has done a SC podcast about free agency so far, and there's a bit about the Ravens that is interesting:

http://t.co/ZRqSLaEg2B
    I've listened and already told people that he thinks Boldin was made to look better because of the throws Joe was making to him. Most QBs wouldn't pull the trigger on half those throws because he's never open.