Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4647484950 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens to work out Tavon Austin in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I lke the idea, not sure we have the capspace however...
    We have like 9 mill, you really think that's not enough to sign Brandon Lloyd lol?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We have like 9 mill, you really think that's not enough to sign Brandon Lloyd lol?
    It's enough. If we do many of the following we won't have the money for: Reed, Harrison, a LT, MLB, NT, safety, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    It's enough. If we do many of the following we won't have the money for: Reed, Harrison, a LT, MLB, NT, safety, etc.
    The reality is we're not going to be able to fill all of those needs with impact starters in FA, some of those holes will have to be filled in the draft.

Blog Entries

Screw Lloyd. He is a 31 year old catch and fall WR.nothing after the catch . He was useless in NE IMO. Plus he supposedly is weird in the locker room.

Brandon Lloyd will be 32 in July. He's still got a little (not a lot) left in the tank, but I wouldn't do it for any REAL money. If the Ravens dump Boldin over age/money and replace him with Lloyd for anything but the veteran minimum, I'd be pretty confused. I guess I'm already pretty confused, so that means this signing will probably happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Screw Lloyd. He is a 31 year old catch and fall WR.nothing after the catch . He was useless in NE IMO. Plus he supposedly is weird in the locker room.
    You do realize he had more yards than Torrey Smith had, and about the same amount of yard as Boldin had right? He was far from useless in NE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Brandon Lloyd will be 32 in July. He's still got a little (not a lot) left in the tank, but I wouldn't do it for any REAL money. If the Ravens dump Boldin over age/money and replace him with Lloyd for anything but the veteran minimum, I'd be pretty confused. I guess I'm already pretty confused, so that means this signing will probably happen.
    So you wouldn't pay him more than the vet minimum, even though he had close to the same production as what Boldin had who was due 7 million this year? I'd sign him for 2M a year.

as soemone else alluded to, it's not that we don't specifically have the space for him, it's that i'm not sure we have the space for a LT, T, ILB, FS AND Him... and possibly a passrusher... lots of holes to fill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    as soemone else alluded to, it's not that we don't specifically have the space for him, it's that i'm not sure we have the space for a LT, T, ILB, FS AND Him... and possibly a passrusher... lots of holes to fill.
    I can't see us getting a FS now, all the good options are signed, we will probably draft Matt Elam, Kenny Vaccoro, or DJ Swearinger to replace Reed. If we do sign a LT it will be a cheap one, and that is likely either Bryant McKinnie not really getting a good deal anywhere, so is forced to sign here for 2-3M a year, or a Max Starks at 1.5M or less. ILB will be cheap too, there really aren't any expensive options left out there that I could see Ozzie paying.

So you wouldn't pay him more than the vet minimum, even though he had close to the same production as what Boldin had who was due 7 million this year? I'd sign him for 2M a year.
    2m? I'm in at that price.

Brandon Lloyd had close to the same production as Boldin because the Patriots threw the ball over 100 times more than the Ravens did. Brandon Lloyd had 18% of the Pats' receiving yards last year. Boldin had 24%. If Flacco threw the ball 637 times like Tom Brady did, Boldin would have had over 1100 yards, and Lloyd was never anywhere near as dominant as Boldin was down the stretch in the playoffs.

Poor ol' bipolar Brandon isn't half the player Boldin is, and the Ravens wanted to pay Anquan $4m this year, so no, I would not pay Lloyd $2m. I'd pay him the veteran minimum and not a penny more. If we're going to go the free agent route for a WR I'd rather take a flyer on DHB or wait a while to see who else is going to get cut. Davone Bess for example out of Miami might be cut now that they just signed Brandon Gibson, and he'd be a good slot receiver for us.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    The "weird in the lockeroom" part is key. I read that too, and going into next season without a strong lockeroom presence, we don't need anyone who could be an issue.