Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm not saying Bama are producing busts, there are solid players everywhere in the NFL from Bama, but there are also some players that have massively under achieved from their draft status like Terrence Cody, Rolando McClain, James Carpenter, Mark Ingram etc.

The players leaving the Ravens are not what I'd call massive fails either, they still produce at a moderate level, they just aren't the same players as they were in Baltimore, that's how I see the similarities. Dawan Landry, Jarrett Johnson, Bart Scott, etc are what those Bama players have become in the league. There are still some good players that leave and are still good like Ben Grubbs.

And top recruits from high school has little to do with the NFL, you can't compare the two, because its not like any team in the NFL has like 7 first round picks every year, Alabama get access to some of the best players leaving high school, its not the same.
    I haven't really watched a lot of Mark Ingram, but can we really say that he's a bust after two years? He hasn't gotten a lot of work due to splitting the load and the Saints being a pass oriented offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    I haven't really watched a lot of Mark Ingram, but can we really say that he's a bust after two years? He hasn't gotten a lot of work due to splitting the load and the Saints being a pass oriented offense.
    I never said any of those players were busts though. I said they weren't exactly where people thought they'd be after a few years in the league, Terrence Cody is on the bring of being a bust. Rolando McClain is a bust because of his off the field issues, he's actually not been half bad as a player, but maybe hasn't lived up to being a top 10 pick, similar to Glenn Dorsey.

Mark Ingram before the draft was supposed to be an every down back that could get you 1k rushing yards a year, and be the work horse of the offense, he was also a first round pick and first round picks are supposed to be highly productive at least after 2 seasons in the league, the jury is still out on him, but at this point, he hasn't done much of anything. Believe it or not, the Saints offense relies on the run game quite a bit.

Cardinals announce they will cut Adrian Wilson.

34 years old in October, Wilson has been an extremely durable, tough playmaker for the Cards. I believe he played at a fairly high level last year as well. He's been a strong safety all his career, but would he be a cheaper "bridge" option for the Ravens at FS if they're not able to retain Ed Reed?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Cardinals announce they will cut Adrian Wilson.

34 years old in October, Wilson has been an extremely durable, tough playmaker for the Cards. I believe he played at a fairly high level last year as well. He's been a strong safety all his career, but would he be a cheaper "bridge" option for the Ravens at FS if they're not able to retain Ed Reed?
    Good player, but I'd just rather replace Reed with someone young if we can't keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Good player, but I'd just rather replace Reed with someone young if we can't keep him.
    Not to mention that SS and FS are two totally different positions. Slower and run stopping safeties don't move from SS to FS.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

There isn't much talk about Seymour. I think he and the Ravens make too much sense. It kinda reminds me when we signed Trevor Pryce. I think he could be a perfect fit at a reasonable price.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    There isn't much talk about Seymour. I think he and the Ravens make too much sense. It kinda reminds me when we signed Trevor Pryce. I think he could be a perfect fit at a reasonable price.
    If you can get Seymour to sign a deal lower than what he is truly worth, which most teams will forget since he spent so many years in purgatory, Seymour would be a steal.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Louis Delmas could be a possibility.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Delmas would flourish in Baltimore. Unfortunately I'm sure some desperate team will overpay for him.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

That guy was born to be a Raven.

Blog Entries

Richard Seymour would be an even better FA acquisition than Trevor Pryce.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Could this be the end for James Harrison in Black and Yellow?: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rison/1973939/