Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Ravens aren't cutting Boldin, Ozzie likes him too much. Mason and Heap were cut after down years, Boldin is coming off a huge play off run. If its a vet WR its going to be Jones, but I don't see either of them being cut.
    Well, you never know.

The problem is both are expensive cap hits. It doesnt have anything to do with who likes who.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, you never know.

The problem is both are expensive cap hits. It doesnt have anything to do with who likes who.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I wouldn't believe that Ozzie would cut either without at least trying to negotiate a contract extension first though.

Blog Entries

Btw if either Boldin or Jacoby do get cut, I'm going to be all over DeAndre Hopkins.

The team loves Q, Q loves the team, i dont see a scenario that he isnt a raven unless he retires.

If its jones, well i like the dude and he helped our return game a ton, but if hes trying to cash in one last time at his peak i dont blame him. 4.5 is too high for us but im not sure id invest much more on a 3rd wr, that although he greatly improved and exceeded expectations, is still a liability at catching the ball at times. Once the dust settles and the pieces go where they do itll probably become apparent why we did release him. Ultimately a deal much larger than what wed feel comfortable for his skillset and expectations going forward. I dont think hes reliable enough to be a fulltime #2, but is great in his role as a #3 and ST.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 03-09-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Wow, those tweets were deleted but...you can connect some dots together. Anquan's twitter account follows the guy, as does Aaron Wilson. He also tweeted Aaron Wilson or Matt Vensel around the Cowboys game to correct a report on Anquan's injury (they reported ankle, he said it was his knee, kicked by Stanford Routt). The tweet from Aaron Wilson telling him to check his direct messages...

My thinking is this is another situation like BMac telling media he was being cut last year. Guessing Ravens and Boldin are engaged in some back and forth negotiating, Boldin's camp felt like Ravens basically said "you take this amount or we're done", and this guy ran with it. Most likely, Ravens are still going back and forth and someone told the guy to clean up the mess he created, but things were seen before he was able to clean it up.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Wow, those tweets were deleted but...you can connect some dots together. Anquan's twitter account follows the guy, as does Aaron Wilson. He also tweeted Aaron Wilson or Matt Vensel around the Cowboys game to correct a report on Anquan's injury (they reported ankle, he said it was his knee, kicked by Stanford Routt). The tweet from Aaron Wilson telling him to check his direct messages...

My thinking is this is another situation like BMac telling media he was being cut last year. Guessing Ravens and Boldin are engaged in some back and forth negotiating, Boldin's camp felt like Ravens basically said "you take this amount or we're done", and this guy ran with it. Most likely, Ravens are still going back and forth and someone told the guy to clean up the mess he created, but things were seen before he was able to clean it up.
    Eric DeCosta was also on some radio the other week saying they plan on Boldin being on the roster next year, but then when asked if it would be at his current cap hit, he responded with "we'll have to see about that".

Blog Entries

Eric DeCosta was also on some radio the other week saying they plan on Boldin being on the roster next year, but then when asked if it would be at his current cap hit, he responded with "we'll have to see about that".
    Yeah, it's tough. I can't see how this team can potentially lose so much on D, AND also lose Boldin. At that point, you can basically write off chances at a repeat, just too much change. But, it'd be nice to reduce his number by a couple mil.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Between the two id say thats the likely scenario.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Other interesting tidbit, the Kurt Warner Ultimate Football Experience is going on right now, both Flacco and Boldin are there.

Flacco, you got some green you can pay the man under the table. Hell, let's be honest, you owe some of them to him anyway...Make it happen Joe!

Tony, have you heard anything about this? Seems like a really strange turn of events. Anquan had to literally be enroute to Arizona while this all was going down...

It's Pay Cut or Be Cut for Boldin, he needs to make a decision by Tues.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/report-anquan-boldin-will-take-a-pay-cut-or-get-cut-before-tuesday/

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I don't like it at all.

Why not give him a 1 or 2 year extension?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

So there really is something to the Boldin situation. Interesting that an extension appears not to be on the table, but then you never know how negotiations go.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    League sources confirm @alexmarvez report that the Ravens have asked Anquan Boldin to reduce his $7.531 million cap figure or be released

Anquan Boldin was close to being released Friday, so close that a statement was being prepared by him thanking the fans for his time here

Sources say Ravens haven't given up on possibility of working out an accomodation with Anquan Boldin on his contract. Fluid situation

Wonder why they're willing to sacrifice Boldin.

A change in OC philosophy?

Blog Entries

No! It's supposed to be Jones! They could never justify releasing an aging veteran and replacing him with another aging veteran (Moss)!!

This is not how it was supposed to go!

I feel like a villain in one of those old American super hero cartoons.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Chargers didnt tender Danario Alexander with a 1st or 2nd rd tender. If the Ravens signed Alexander then losing Boldin wouldn't feel as bad. Hopefully we can keep Q though.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

Another example how stupid the Chargers are and why they never win despite having the talent.