Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That dude is old as hell. No thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Well I had to put it somewhere, the other FA thread was closed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I think we all agree that the best plan of action would be to sign a FA LT and draft a LT to develop behind him. Let us say, for the sake of discussion, that Ozzie finds Jake Long too pricey for his liking. The obvious candidate is then Bryant McKinnie, if he isn't already more obvious than Long.

How much do we suspect McKinnie will get on the open market? Age is working against him, as is his reputation. However, his reputation did not stop a team (Baltimore) from picking him up after his end in Minnesota, and trying to get the most out of him. When you do manage to get the most out of him, you can clearly see the results.

What are we thinking here?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Pitta is worth more to us than anyone else. His success has a LOT to do with his rapport with Flacco. Sorry, he's not a top 10 TE, and I don't see how any other team wouldvalue him with a contract we can't match over Ertz/Eiffert/Escobar.

2nd rd tender is safe, IMO.
    No doubt about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That dude is old as hell. No thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    He's also publicly ran his mouth about the Ravens on countless trash media shows like ESPN First take for example. I respect him for what he's accomplished in his career, and was a very good linebacker, but if he wants to chat shit about certain Ravens players that he isn't in the same class as, he can go and retire for all I care.

Blog Entries

Think we'll see some tenders applied today?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Maybe. Its been so quiet around the Ravens camp, they are keeping everything so tight lipped as usual.

Another highly paid ex-Raven is being released:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    The Jags are releasing safety Dawan Landry today, per league source.
    It really is amazing how many of these guys leave for huge contracts only to not live up to them. You'd think teams would start taking notice of that and be a little more "buyer beware".
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

It really is amazing how many of these guys leave for huge contracts only to not live up to them. You'd think teams would start taking notice of that and be a little more "buyer beware".
    Is it performance related? I thought Landry was playing pretty well down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    We don't normally apply tenders until the day right before UFA.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We don't normally apply tenders until the day right before UFA.
    So I guess on Monday we can expect them.

Kind of why I am suprised at all the love for Ellerbe and Kruger. They did not even start until this year when other guys left or got injured. Even then Upshaw and McClain still basically started and they came in on passing downs.
    Cary Williams at least has been starting for the last 2 years. He has been up and down, but at at least he has been out there all the time.
    I really like all of our defensive free agents to be, but paying them instead of replacing them may be a mistake if other teams continue to over value the individual defenders. The Raven d is only good when it is deep with no waek spots. Any good offense is going to expose and exploit your weak links on defense, so the only real way to have a great defense is to be deep and loaded with stars who are difference makers.

Ed Reed is the only one of our free agents unlikley to be over valued due to his age and all of the intagibles he brings to the defense in terms of just quarterbacking the coverage and reading the opposing QB. We should be able to draft another Kruger, find another Ellerbe and Cary Williams, but there is only one Ed Reed, and he looked like an incredible difference maker in the SB.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Kind of reminds me about the defensive prospects coming out of Alabama. Sure there are some real quality players that have been great in the NFL, but a lot of them are over hyped and end up being just average in the NFL.