Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Chiefs release Eric Winston. Can he play LT?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-eric-winston/
    I don't think so, I'd say Dunlap would be mbetter for us for LT than Winston
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I would love to have Leach back, but he would need to be willing to take a 50% pay cut. Any idea as to what kind of contract a team might offer Leach if he were cut?
    I can't imagine more than $2 million per.

Nobody values FB's anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

He has pretty much exclusively played on the right side.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

No. He's a RT only--and one of the best in the NFL.

I still think the Ravens should be very interested. He's a perfect fit for the zone-blocking scheme and a fantastic player overall. He would lock down RT while Oher slid over to LT... I know Oher at LT is not optimal at all, but think how good we would be at the other 4 spots: Oher-KO-Gradkowski-Yanda-Winston is a tremendous lineup.

One of our best offensive games of the year was vs. the Giants with Oher at LT. He could potentially be pretty solid under Castillo's tutelage in a more modern offense.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    No. He's a RT only--and one of the best in the NFL.

I still think the Ravens should be very interested. He's a perfect fit for the zone-blocking scheme and a fantastic player overall. He would lock down RT while Oher slid over to LT... I know Oher at LT is not optimal at all, but think how good we would be at the other 4 spots: Oher-KO-Gradkowski-Yanda-Winston is a tremendous lineup.

One of our best offensive games of the year was vs. the Giants with Oher at LT. He could potentially be pretty solid under Castillo's tutelage in a more modern offense.
    Oher CAN be a good LT, but he can also be a very bad LT. He's not consistent and that's his problem. If we were to approach that I'd only consider putting KO at LT and Oher at LG, but I would never advocate for that
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries
    @caplannfl: RT. One exec suggested even a move to guard. RT @Eckard410: @caplannfl could Winston play LT successfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PFT says Oakland is releasing Rolando McClain--any thoughts on what that does to the MLB free-agent market? I don't know anything about him other than he was drafted #5 overall...

It'd be nice if his release at least meant teams that might want Ellerbe would go after him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    PFT says Oakland is releasing Rolando McClain--any thoughts on what that does to the MLB free-agent market? I don't know anything about him other than he was drafted #5 overall...

It'd be nice if his release at least meant teams that might want Ellerbe would go after him instead.
    I would not mind taking a look at him. I know that he has had off the field issues, but the kid is only 23 years old with a ton of talent. I think given a strong organization and locker room like the Ravens he might be ok. I think he also has potential to be a very good mlb. If he was to be had for a cheap prices and we can bring Ellerbe back, that would be awesome.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

this guy is awesome ON THE FIELD lol check out his bama tape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miJwMCgaxKo

Blog Entries

The Ravens were interested in Eric Winston last year. I'm surprised KC released him, he's a good player. This pretty much confirms that KC will be taking an OT first overall, and will either play him at RT to start with, or shift Albert to RT.

Blog Entries

I've been on the Rolando train too, this guy would really excel in our system IMO, he's a perfect fit for a 3-4, its what he did at Bama so well. He's a total fucktard off the field, but he's only 23, and would be surrounded by a tight knit locker room. Ray Lewis isn't there anymore, but I'm sure he'd pop by now and again to keep him motivated. Rolando and Ellerbe together would form a strong defensive partnership in the middle, especially in run defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't see the point, should it happen, in giving up a 2nd rounder for a good player like Pitta just to save a few mill to take a rookie who might not even be ready by day 1, and may not even be as good as Pitta is anyway. Letting Pitta go just creates another hole on the roster, I wouldn't trust a rookie and Ed Dickson as our TEs going into next season put it that way.
    Getting a second rounder for a player we got in the fourth, and will be 28 come the season start. I don't see a problem with it, there's always risk attached to change, but if someone gives him an offer sheet I don't see a problem taking a second rounder. It's not like he is an elite player at the position.