Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

What about Antwan Barnes? Rolando McClain? Both would be nice and cheap additions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Extending Leach would be a big mistake. 31 going on 32 is not the prime for a NFL FB.
    The Ravens have had Fullbacks produce very well in the twilight of their careers. Lorenzo Neal comes to mind.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Ravens have had Fullbacks produce very well in the twilight of their careers. Lorenzo Neal comes to mind.
    Neal was also more a part time player, cheap. Would Leach lower his salary, is the real question. If so, obviously we'd keep him. if not, you just can't afford to bring him back.

I believe Neal wanted to return as well, but we weren't willing to pay as much as he wanted.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

He'll get that too. The Broncos are making a huge mistake here.
    Agreed, but if it hurts Kruger's chances of getting big bucks, which increases the odds of Kruger staying, I am all for it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    What about Antwan Barnes? Rolando McClain? Both would be nice and cheap additions
    McClain may be interesting. His off field issues are worrisome, but I have always thought he would be a good fit as a 3-4 inside linebacker.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    There is no way we can afford Jake Long. It isn't happening.
    The Ravens have a better shot a Kyle Long than Jake Long.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Agreed, but if it hurts Kruger's chances of getting big bucks, which increases the odds of Kruger staying, I am all for it.

Very true. Anyone looking for a pass rusher is going to look at Dumervile first. He's near double digits every year.

Blog Entries

If the Ravens can pay Joe Flacco and average of 20 million per year, yet keep his 2013 cap figure under 7, I think they can afford Jake Long.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If the Ravens can pay Joe Flacco and average of 20 million per year, yet keep his 2013 cap figure under 7, I think they can afford Jake Long.
    Long want's $11 million a year. He's not worth anything close to that. The Dolphins aren't even making him an offer. He's not the right player and he certainly isn't the right price. Long has Raider written all over him

I'm glad the front office thinks long term. Flacco's cap number for years two and three falls somewhere between $14M and $15M. Signing Jake Long for what he wants would end up with the Ravens in cap hell, frantically restructuring contracts and cutting solid players in a couple of years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Long want's $11 million a year. He's not worth anything close to that. The Dolphins aren't even making him an offer. He's not the right player and he certainly isn't the right price. Long has Raider written all over him
    We shall see Batman!

According to PFT the browns are expected to target Avril and Kruger when free agency starts..in about 72 hours