Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

Both years the Ravens won the SB, they had a masher at FB. Sam Gash in 2000 and Leach this year. I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but I think Leach is a big part of the identity of the Ravens as a physical football team. I think he has value, but not at his current price. I don't know how much of a pay cut it would take to fit him under the cap, or what he would command on the open market at this point, but I think the Ravens should try to keep him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It's fairly possible/probable that in a few years, Ngata is going to walk away from the game anyway. Would you say his best skill now is rushing the passer or stuffing the run? I'm "not-a" (get it...get it?...okay, bad one) knocking his skills, but he's definitely slowing down a bit.

Personally, I'd still say he's more effective on the end anyway, just curious.
    It's harder for me to say what he is better at, at this stage in his career, than it would be for me to say that keeping him at NG could preserve his career, if they find a quality NT. If you put him back at NT, he's going to have to deal with that double team, no matter what, even if they find a suitable replacement at NG. That's the nature of the NT spot and how the Ravens want it played.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That's on;y 100k (or so) over the vet minimum. I understand the need for FB's is less and less but there is no way you get the best in the business even a punter or for that price.
    I would go over $1 million, but IMHO, trying to get the best FB in the business isn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Both years the Ravens won the SB, they had a masher at FB. Sam Gash in 2000 and Leach this year. I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but I think Leach is a big part of the identity of the Ravens as a physical football team. I think he has value, but not at his current price. I don't know how much of a pay cut it would take to fit him under the cap, or what he would command on the open market at this point, but I think the Ravens should try to keep him.
    The indentity of this team is changing and changed over the course of last year.

It changed for good when we basically committed to making this Joe Flacco's team.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I'm surprised the Ravens haven't cut anyone yet. The Ravens could essentially release nobody sign all the RFA tenders, and re-sign one of the five key FAs we have, but would totally be out of first wave FA. But I'm not sure thats the best way forward, and I highly doubt the Ravens wont enter FA without shedding some cap room to get at least some low tier guys. They will probably come later.

We can't forget that Ngata has been injured. I'm not worried about guys like him and Suggs.

As for Leach, he's the best FB in football and is still in his prime. I see him extended but not cut.

I could also see us make an investment in Jake Long and a couple of low priced guys. Ozzie likes to sign guys and then position us to just draft BPA.

6. Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

There is no way we can afford Jake Long. It isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    We can't forget that Ngata has been injured. I'm not worried about guys like him and Suggs.

As for Leach, he's the best FB in football and is still in his prime. I see him extended but not cut.

I could also see us make an investment in Jake Long and a couple of low priced guys. Ozzie likes to sign guys and then position us to just draft BPA.
    Extending Leach would be a big mistake. 31 going on 32 is not the prime for a NFL FB.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

We could dream about getting Elvis Dumervil, right?

Per PFT, Broncos have asked Dumervil to take a pay cut. If he refuses, they would likely cut him and may go after Freeney.

Dumervil would likely be too expensive, but man oh man...that'd be a sweet signing.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Per PFT, Broncos have asked Dumervil to take a pay cut. If he refuses, they would likely cut him and may go after Freeney.

Dumervil would likely be too expensive, but man oh man...that'd be a sweet signing.
    I was just about to post this and yes I agree!!

Blog Entries

Dumerville would be sick.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Dumerville will probably be looking for 8-10M a year if he gets released.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Dumerville will probably be looking for 8-10M a year if he gets released.
    He'll get that too. The Broncos are making a huge mistake here.