Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

If the Ravens want consistency the guy to go with is Volmer. From living in New England, this guy always plays good, is versatile, and is extremely well thought of by the fan base. He could be a value player that we could afford. He wouldn't be cheap but he would be easier to afford. Probably $7 million or around that. My friend even learned how to pass set from watching a YouTube on Volmer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    If the Ravens want consistency the guy to go with is Volmer. From living in New England, this guy always plays good, is versatile, and is extremely well thought of by the fan base. He could be a value player that we could afford. He wouldn't be cheap but he would be easier to afford. Probably $7 million or around that. My friend even learned how to pass set from watching a YouTube on Volmer.
    My understanding of Vollmer is not that he isnt a good player, but he has some nagging injuries that seem to impact him a few games per season.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If Vollmer is decently cheap, I would make a run at him.

Otherwise, sounds like Sam Baker or Jermon Bushrod are the next guys to look at.

King Dunlap and BMac are basically our insurance options.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If Vollmer is decently cheap, I would make a run at him.

Otherwise, sounds like Sam Baker or Jermon Bushrod are the next guys to look at.

King Dunlap and BMac are basically our insurance options.
    Sam Baker might be a nice option. I would be surprised if Atlanta didnt re-sign him though.

Word around Nawlins is they are going to make Jermon Bushrod a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Word around Nawlins is they are going to make Jermon Bushrod a priority.
    Not hearing that.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Dunlap really bugs me. He has such a good physical build for a LT
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post

Not hearing that.
    I read it on pft (take it with a grain of salt) and heard them talking about it on NFL live last week.

They were saying Bushrod isnt great, but he probably means more to the Saints than he would another team. I dont think he will command big bucks, but I could see him staying there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Dunlap really bugs me. He has such a good physical build for a LT
    But has never been very consistent.

He was pretty good last season at LT for the Eagles. Maybe he is just starting to put it all together and it just took him a while.

Blog Entries

Bushrod is a TU grad, so we might have some pull with him ahead of teams other than the Saints.

Like I said, if we're looking at free agency to get a LT...I'd go:

1. Vollmer
    2. Baker (if he does hit FA)
    3. Bushrod
    4. McKinnie
    5. Dunlap
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

If you want Flacco to take those five step drops and launch those forty yard passes, you need a LT that can give him time to do that. This isn't a short passing offense where a mere 'adequate' LT will do, with Joe getting rid of the ball in less than two seconds.

They've gone cheap at LT and it's cost them. The guy that performed the best can't even be trusted. What makes it worse in McKinnie's case is that he's a veteran. He's not some young guy who still needs to learn how to be successful in the NFL. He knows what it takes, but he just doesn't care enough. Just enough, like Gaither, to keep you thinking that you have the keys to chest of motivation to use on him.

He swallowed that motha fucka.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Give Anquan Boldin a one year extension and give Vontae Leach a one year extension. That's three million (guesstimating here) right there. Release Jacoby Jones, Brendon Ayanbadejo and Bobbie Williams. That might be another six million.

That should give you enough cap space to fit Jake Long, Randy Moss and Casey Hampton.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Give Anquan Boldin a one year extension and give Vontae Leach a one year extension. That's three million (guesstimating here) right there. Release Jacoby Jones, Brendon Ayanbadejo and Bobbie Williams. That might be another six million.

That should give you enough cap space to fit Jake Long, Randy Moss and Casey Hampton.
    None of those players today fit Ozzie's mantra.