Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

I would go for Casey Hampton. Big body inside. True LT is a must. Maybe Long will get charmed by the city. But a for a backup plan, maybe out there a little, but move KO to LT and draft a Barrett Jones for G.
    No MOss for me, I like Doss, Streeter, and Williams. But Casey, Absolutely would love to see him next Ngata. Not running in the middle on them.
    I also think Ellerbe will be back, with a good contract, for both. But the LB Smith from JAC, is very good if we need a LB. And I really like #50 McClellan can play next to Ellerbe when signed back.

In Ozzie We Trust

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I would go for Casey Hampton. Big body inside. True LT is a must. Maybe Long will get charmed by the city. But a for a backup plan, maybe out there a little, but move KO to LT and draft a Barrett Jones for G.
    No MOss for me, I like Doss, Streeter, and Williams. But Casey, Absolutely would love to see him next Ngata. Not running in the middle on them.
    I also think Ellerbe will be back, with a good contract, for both. But the LB Smith from JAC, is very good if we need a LB. And I really like #50 McClellan can play next to Ellerbe when signed back.

In Ozzie We Trust
    I think Hampton being a wave player would be nice and help Ngata and replace Kemo while lighting a fire under Cody's arse.

Also, looking at DJ Williams from Denver if Ellerbe is let go.

Vollmer is an interesting option if available, but might cost more the Big Mac.

Like to see Barnes back also, could be a good value as a situational pass rusher if healthy. He was pretty good when he wasnt dinged up and can really get around the corner.

Blog Entries

Why do people want a really old slow NT for? IMO we need more speed on the Dline. Would much prefer Jean Francois than Casey Hampton.

Blog Entries
    Hampton graded worse than kemo according to pff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

If we had a good 3-4 DE, would Ngata be an effective NT?

My coworker, who is still trying to pimp out for us drafting Margus Hunt and putting him at 3-4 DE, was thinking move Ngata to NT. It's probably not a terrible idea, but I don't know if he'd be as effective there.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Don't quite agree with that, I'd rather have had Hampton at NT than Kemo last season, but he is still clearly no where near the player he used to be. Basically you couldn't run the ball against the Steelers at all when he was in his prime.

Either way, we either need to sign a younger NT in FA, like a Terrence Knighton, Patt Sims, or a Ricky Jean Francois. Or draft someone like a Johnathan Hankins or Jesse Williams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    None of those players today fit Ozzie's mantra.
    All of them do.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

It's somewhat known that I am not a PFF guy or a guy of any of those type of sites.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't quite agree with that, I'd rather have had Hampton at NT than Kemo last season, but he is still clearly no where near the player he used to be. Basically you couldn't run the ball against the Steelers at all when he was in his prime.

Either way, we either need to sign a younger NT in FA, like a Terrence Knighton, Patt Sims, or a Ricky Jean Francois. Or draft someone like a Johnathan Hankins or Jesse Williams.
    And who could run the ball against them last year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If we had a good 3-4 DE, would Ngata be an effective NT?

My coworker, who is still trying to pimp out for us drafting Margus Hunt and putting him at 3-4 DE, was thinking move Ngata to NT. It's probably not a terrible idea, but I don't know if he'd be as effective there.
    Well, I think they moved Ngata from NT to NG, because they wanted Cody to eat the double team, so that Ngata could also use his skills rushing the passer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, I think they moved Ngata from NT to NG, because they wanted Cody to eat the double team, so that Ngata could also use his skills rushing the passer.
    It's fairly possible/probable that in a few years, Ngata is going to walk away from the game anyway. Would you say his best skill now is rushing the passer or stuffing the run? I'm "not-a" (get it...get it?...okay, bad one) knocking his skills, but he's definitely slowing down a bit.

Personally, I'd still say he's more effective on the end anyway, just curious.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Anyone want to bring Justin Bannan back?