Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Kelce is one of my favorite prospects in the class. I had him going at #62 to the Ravens in one of my recent mocks and I really don't see him falling much further into the 3rd.

I get the whispers of character concerns, but those things seem to be behind him and given that we're not hearing anything to substantiate/flesh out what happened, I don't know that I'd assume GMs and FOs are holding that against him. Contrast that to guys like Damontre Moore who really took a tumble once the teams started to dig into his background despite him never having any noteworthy incidents in college.

On tape, Kelce IMO has a higher upside than even Eifert. He's just as smooth and fluid a route runner, just as good athleticism, but he has a mean streak and strength that Eifert doesn't have. He's also more explosive. Now, he's rawer and less experienced than Eifert/Ertz so I'm not necessarily going to put him ahead of them, but I think he has Rob Gronkowski-esque potential to be a dominant target down the seam. He gets vertical on double moves and posts in a way that I think would really fit our offense well.

I could easily see the Ravens going with Hopkins or Allen in the 1st or with a small trade back into the 2nd, and then Kelce in the 2nd. Lock up 2 key offensive weapons of the future to help take Joe to the next level, and get a few OL with potential in later rounds (Barrett Jones, Chris Faulk, Luke Marquardt, etc.) along with a safety and ILB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Kelce is one of my favorite prospects in the class. I had him going at #62 to the Ravens in one of my recent mocks and I really don't see him falling much further into the 3rd.

I get the whispers of character concerns, but those things seem to be behind him and given that we're not hearing anything to substantiate/flesh out what happened, I don't know that I'd assume GMs and FOs are holding that against him. Contrast that to guys like Damontre Moore who really took a tumble once the teams started to dig into his background despite him never having any noteworthy incidents in college.

On tape, Kelce IMO has a higher upside than even Eifert. He's just as smooth and fluid a route runner, just as good athleticism, but he has a mean streak and strength that Eifert doesn't have. He's also more explosive. Now, he's rawer and less experienced than Eifert/Ertz so I'm not necessarily going to put him ahead of them, but I think he has Rob Gronkowski-esque potential to be a dominant target down the seam. He gets vertical on double moves and posts in a way that I think would really fit our offense well.

I could easily see the Ravens going with Hopkins or Allen in the 1st or with a small trade back into the 2nd, and then Kelce in the 2nd. Lock up 2 key offensive weapons of the future to help take Joe to the next level, and get a few OL with potential in later rounds (Barrett Jones, Chris Faulk, Luke Marquardt, etc.) along with a safety and ILB.
    IMO, we could be better off getting a defensive difference maker with our first pick then go with Kelce if it came to it in the 2nd, and go for a Da'rick Rogers in the 3rd.

From Tony Pauline:

- Several teams now have Vance McDonald/Rice as the number two rated tight end.
    Last edited by ursula; 04-20-2013 at 07:05 PM.

4. Re: All Things Draft:

Hi there guys!

New to the site, as hardcore Ravens fans I'd love your input and help regarding a current 7 round mock I have going on a football (soccer) forum with fellow NFL fans! I myself am a Jets fan first and foremost but I've always liked the Ravens and watch them whenever I can :) For the longest time I've loved the Ravens image, Ed Reed and Ray Lewis will always be two of my favourite players. Ed Reed is my role model (I play CB/ FS for a club over the pond :) )

ANYWAY! Back to my point :D I'm doing the Jets and Ravens picks in this Mock draft and I'd like for you to assess my picks so far :) just finished our fourth round.

1) Alec Ogletree - He was available at pick 32 and so I thought I should take him. He seemed hungry at Georgia and the Ravens have a habit of getting the best out of players especially those with "personal" problems. I think the Ravens more so than most teams have a very competitive, professional unforgiving environment that benefits immature rookies.

2) Philip Thomas - There was a run on safeties and it was a hole that needed addressing. The thing I liked about Thomas is his ability to seemingly play both safety positions and he can be an immediate contributor. Flashes play making ability and versatility and play well at the senior bowl against top opposition.

3) Quinton Patton - Probably one of my favourite receivers in the entire draft and I'm surprised he was still here basically at the start of the fourth. I think he's very complete, extremely crisp in his routes, great hands and is a real physical competitor when going up for the ball. I feel he'll fill the void well left by Boldin especially on short/intermediate routes where his refined route running and ability to break away with movement will translate well to the NFL.

4) David Bakhtiari - Once again quite surprised he was still here, I drafted him as he will probably move inside to the guard position but could develop into a future left tackle like he played at Colorado, needs a bit more bulk perhaps and experience with the pro game. he has good measurables and solid technique. With the lack of "sure things" for the left tackle position in this draft I figured it was a good pick. can start at guard for sure and Osemele/Oher can take over LT duties.

4) Montari Hughes - Cody has been pretty poor hasn't he..? That and he's undergoing surgery, I feel like drafting someone to compete with/ his replacement was wise here especially with this guy on the board. I know as well as you that Newsome loves falling talent due to "character" flaws and such, he seems to be a firm believer in talent trumps all. This guy has tremendous talent when he turns it on, I feel becoming part of the Ravens organisation and getting put into the daunting unrelenting environment that is the Ravens nest will sort him out and he'll be a future starter and potential star.

I'd love your thoughts! On how i've done so far, potential ideas for later rounds. Anything really, praise and criticism both welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRaven View Post
    Hi there guys!

New to the site, as hardcore Ravens fans I'd love your input and help regarding a current 7 round mock I have going on a football (soccer) forum with fellow NFL fans! I myself am a Jets fan first and foremost but I've always liked the Ravens and watch them whenever I can :) For the longest time I've loved the Ravens image, Ed Reed and Ray Lewis will always be two of my favourite players. Ed Reed is my role model (I play CB/ FS for a club over the pond :) )

ANYWAY! Back to my point :D I'm doing the Jets and Ravens picks in this Mock draft and I'd like for you to assess my picks so far :) just finished our fourth round.

1) Alec Ogletree - He was available at pick 32 and so I thought I should take him. He seemed hungry at Georgia and the Ravens have a habit of getting the best out of players especially those with "personal" problems. I think the Ravens more so than most teams have a very competitive, professional unforgiving environment that benefits immature rookies.

2) Philip Thomas - There was a run on safeties and it was a hole that needed addressing. The thing I liked about Thomas is his ability to seemingly play both safety positions and he can be an immediate contributor. Flashes play making ability and versatility and play well at the senior bowl against top opposition.

3) Quinton Patton - Probably one of my favourite receivers in the entire draft and I'm surprised he was still here basically at the start of the fourth. I think he's very complete, extremely crisp in his routes, great hands and is a real physical competitor when going up for the ball. I feel he'll fill the void well left by Boldin especially on short/intermediate routes where his refined route running and ability to break away with movement will translate well to the NFL.

4) David Bakhtiari - Once again quite surprised he was still here, I drafted him as he will probably move inside to the guard position but could develop into a future left tackle like he played at Colorado, needs a bit more bulk perhaps and experience with the pro game. he has good measurables and solid technique. With the lack of "sure things" for the left tackle position in this draft I figured it was a good pick. can start at guard for sure and Osemele/Oher can take over LT duties.

4) Montari Hughes - Cody has been pretty poor hasn't he..? That and he's undergoing surgery, I feel like drafting someone to compete with/ his replacement was wise here especially with this guy on the board. I know as well as you that Newsome loves falling talent due to "character" flaws and such, he seems to be a firm believer in talent trumps all. This guy has tremendous talent when he turns it on, I feel becoming part of the Ravens organisation and getting put into the daunting unrelenting environment that is the Ravens nest will sort him out and he'll be a future starter and potential star.

I'd love your thoughts! On how i've done so far, potential ideas for later rounds. Anything really, praise and criticism both welcome!
    Yeah...I don't see how anyone could complain if our draft fell that way.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah...I don't see how anyone could complain if our draft fell that way.
    Yeah, that would be a drop-dead spectacular first 5 picks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Unspecified, but apparently really serious. He was not only suspended by the team for the Sugar Bowl, but also for the entire season following for breaking team rules. How bad must it have been that he would be suspended for an entire year? However, it was also 2010, so it wasn't like it was yesterday.

He says he has learned and grown up since then:

“Just let them know that I’m a high-character guy,” Kelce said. “There’s stuff that’s happened in my past that’s happened. I’ve dealt with it. I’ve learned from it and I’ve overcome everything that’s happened earlier in my college career. And to let them know who I am as a person, that I’m willing to do whatever the team needs me to do and I’m all for the organization as a whole."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...aracter-health

His coach has also said he has moved on and has grown up significantly:

However, a few months ago the Bearcats’ head coach, Butch Jones declared that ‘Travis Kelce has come as far as anyone in our football program.’ One of the reasons for his turnaround is the inspiration, insight and support that he has received from his brother (and former team-mate) Jason, who started every game for the Eagles in his rookie year.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...ce-cincinnati/

I think if the Ravens want him, they are going to have to move up in the 3rd round, because he won't be on the board by the end of the third. He might even go in the 2nd, even if that is a high projection. Some team is going to want him and jump.
    Kelce's quote sounds obscenely prepared.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Fuck Alec Ogletree.

Minter! Minter!

Sio Moore! Sio Moore!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Arthur Brown

I'd love to go to bed Thursday night with Tyler Eifert or Jonathan Cyprien as a Raven.

Of course, we may just be spectators again on Thursday. Having messed around with waaay too many trade down scenarios today alone, if we do trade down, there are some very nice combos out there involving Kyle Long, Kiko Alonso, Terron Armstead, Markus Wheaton, DJ Swearinger, Sio Moore and Kawann Short.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'd love to go to bed Thursday night with Tyler Eifert or Jonathan Cyprien as a Raven.

Of course, we may just be spectators again on Thursday. Having messed around with waaay too many trade down scenarios today alone, if we do trade down, there are some very nice combos out there involving Kyle Long, Kiko Alonso, Terron Armstead, Markus Wheaton, DJ Swearinger, Sio Moore and Kawann Short.
    I'd add Vaccoro to that first round list, but I doubt it happens.

I like all of those in the 2nd apart from Kawann Short, this dude has no effort AT ALL, terrifying prospect.

12. Re: All Things Draft:

Here is a reasonable draft for the Ravens. I see alot of posts where the ravens are shown grabbing players that will never drop to them in a given round.

I've left off some of our picks. We may need to trade a couple picks and the pick from SF to move up a few spots to get one of these guys.

1) Arthur Brown ILB HT:6-0/WT:241 4.67-40yd dash (true 3 down ILB)
    2) Terron Armstead OT HT:6-5/WT:306 4.71-40yd dash (combine record for OL 40yd dash - he will drop. very raw player)
    3) Ryan Swope WR-slot HT:6-0/WT:206 4.34-40yd dash (this guy is lightning and has great hands)
    4) David Quessenberry C HT:6-5/WT:305 5.08-40yd dash (can play center, tackle, or guard)
    4comp) Terry Hawthorne CB HT:6-0/WT:195 4.31-40yd dash
    5comp) Kyle Juszczyk FB HT:6-1/WT:248 4.71-40yd dash (this is leach's final year of contract)
    6comp) Cody Davis SS HT:6-2/WT:208 4.41-40yd dash (reminds me of Kerry Rhodes (AZ) in 2010 except davis is better in every combine category except 1/2 inch in vert leap)
    7) Braden Brown OT HT:6-6/WT:310 5.20-40yd dash
    7comp) David King DE HT:6-5/WT:278 4.70-40yd dash
    Last edited by getpresales; 04-21-2013 at 08:14 PM.