Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 485
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: All Things Draft:



    I'm a little concerned about Armsteads size and arm length, that's the main thing that's holding me back from fully joining this new bandwagon.




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: All Things Draft:

    Joe Kruger looks better than his brother lol





  3. Re: All Things Draft:

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm a little concerned about Armsteads size and arm length, that's the main thing that's holding me back from fully joining this new bandwagon.
    34 inches isn't favourable, but I think he makes up for it with his quick feet. His feet move like a hiccup and he shuffles quite well. They balance out IMO
    Formerly runrayrun27





  4. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Behind enemies lines Shitsburgh
    Posts
    823

    Re: All Things Draft:

    Question, last training camp we had a fellow named Connell. I think on PS now. Is he a tackle or just depth for guard? I know the coaches really liked him.




  5. #29

    Re: All Things Draft:

    Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Question, last training camp we had a fellow named Connell. I think on PS now. Is he a tackle or just depth for guard? I know the coaches really liked him.
    Jack Cornell. Depth for both G and T. Played mostly G in college, but played some T during 2012 camp.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Cornell

    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...elechi-osemele
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Team MVP to-date: Rick Wagner and C.J. Mosley (tie)

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: All Things Draft:

    He had a pretty epic beard in the SB run.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,399

    Re: All Things Draft:

    I like Hankins or Jenkins for the 1st pick at DT/NT. If the heavens aligned meaning every team took the "duh" pill before the draft, I would love Shariff Floyd, but no chance there.

    Outside of that position, I could see Jarvis Jones scaring a lot of teams off, but I see the Steelers taking him for some reason.

    Tavon Austin would be a good hometown pick and would be a steal at 32, but someone jumps up before he would get to our slot.

    Tackles I think will not be picked at #32. We go into FA before we pick up a rookie tackle to start IMO unless it's one of the top three Joekel, Fischer, or Lane Johnson. I think Fluker is a RT in the league.

    This is the toughest draft ever in my eyes and I think that a lot of teams screw their drafts, but not my Ravens. This draft is so muddied with talent, but also very flawed prospects. Thank heavens we don't need a QB.




  8. #32

    Re: All Things Draft:

    With my eyes Clemson's Hopkins physically looks like Houshmandzadeh.
    Hopkins hands >> Housh's (who was mostly a body catcher)
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Team MVP to-date: Rick Wagner and C.J. Mosley (tie)

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  9. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,297
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    With my eyes Clemson's Hopkins physically looks like Houshmandzadeh.
    Hopkins hands >> Housh's (who was mostly a body catcher)
    Well, at one point TJ Whosyourmama was one of the best possession receivers in the NFL. I actually think he made Chad Johnson better.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #34

    Re: All Things Draft:

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    With my eyes Clemson's Hopkins physically looks like Houshmandzadeh.
    Hopkins hands >> Housh's (who was mostly a body catcher)
    When Doss was coming out of college I evaluated him as a similar prospect to Houshmandzadeh. Taller, long-limbed, thin receivers with sub-par straight-line speed and underwhelming "quicks" but good body control and catching radius to serve as a possession receiver. At their best, both of them can find the hole in the zone, make the catch, and get a little YAC.

    I think Hopkins is a much better prospect than either of them and more Roddy White than TJ. I was surprised by his 214lbs weight-in at the Combine--that's an extremely solid build for a 6'1 WR, but he doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. He plays faster than his 4.57 on tape.

    The Ravens need to walk away from this draft with a legit outside-the-numbers receiver, unless they feel a miracle can happen and Streeter is going to become that guy (I wouldn't bet on it.)




  11. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,297
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

    When Doss was coming out of college I evaluated him as a similar prospect to Houshmandzadeh. Taller, long-limbed, thin receivers with sub-par straight-line speed and underwhelming "quicks" but good body control and catching radius to serve as a possession receiver. At their best, both of them can find the hole in the zone, make the catch, and get a little YAC.

    I think Hopkins is a much better prospect than either of them and more Roddy White than TJ. I was surprised by his 214lbs weight-in at the Combine--that's an extremely solid build for a 6'1 WR, but he doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. He plays faster than his 4.57 on tape.

    The Ravens need to walk away from this draft with a legit outside-the-numbers receiver, unless they feel a miracle can happen and Streeter is going to become that guy (I wouldn't bet on it.)
    Agreed that he is more of a deep threat than Housh ever was.

    I really think Hakeem Nicks is a good comparison. Similar build, great hands, good route runner, tough to bring down, and deceptive quickness.

    Justin Hunter might be that guy. I also like Da'Rick Rogers a lot. He isn't a speedster, but his size and separation ability make him intriguing.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #36

    Re: All Things Draft:

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, at one point TJ Whosyourmama was one of the best possession receivers in the NFL. I actually think he made Chad Johnson better.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

    I agree with both. I wasn't disparaging Hopkins, btw. That's just who he reminds me of with the eyeball test.
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Team MVP to-date: Rick Wagner and C.J. Mosley (tie)

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland