Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Fluker is a bit of a mixed bag as a prospect, but I am a BIG fan of Sio Moore. Good athlete, technically proficient, good sideline-to-sideline speed... he also has some pretty impressive speed/first step potential as a blitzer off the edge and up the middle.
    Love this guy as well, very comfortable in coverage as well, can man up against guys splitout wide and not look like a fish out of water, can redirect, reads the QB well

I was just wondering what top LT prospects there will be next season. If lewan and that other jr do not return to school we have a chance to grab a solid LT. But besides those 2( can't remember the other jr name) who is out there that could possibly be solid starters?

Blog Entries

Ravens | D.J. Fluker visits
    Tue, 02 Apr 2013 18:33:21 -0700

Alabama OT D.J. Fluker and the Baltimore Ravens had an official visit Wednesday, April 3, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Raven View Post
    I agree. Trading back to early 2nd round to grab him would be great. IMO hes better than Te'o, Minter and Ogletree.
    Agreed. Out of the ILB's, I like Arthur Brown the most.

I am definetly between brown and minter as best ILB prospects in this draft. I think I am leaning more towards minter tho, may seem petty but brown has problems getting off of blocks(Oregon game)

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    I was just wondering what top LT prospects there will be next season. If lewan and that other jr do not return to school we have a chance to grab a solid LT. But besides those 2( can't remember the other jr name) who is out there that could possibly be solid starters?
    It's likely going to be a decent class of tackles. Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews will likely be the top 2 names, but there are several other good senior LT prospects as well, among them Cyril Richardson and James Hurst. Lewan and Matthews will be high 1st rounders, Richardson and Hurst are more like 2nd-3rd round guys right now but could easily rise with good senior years.

That's not counting in potential underclassmen who declare early... Cyrus Kouandjio is likely the best of that bunch and probably another 1st rounder if he comes out early. Antonio Richardson is another junior to watch, he beat out Dallas Thomas for Tennessee's starting LT spot as a sophomore, and will likely declare if he has a good year. So there will be some talent there if the Ravens have a need at OT going into 2014. (These are all LT prospects BTW)

It's likely going to be a decent class of tackles. Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews will likely be the top 2 names, but there are several other good senior LT prospects as well, among them Cyril Richardson and James Hurst. Lewan and Matthews will be high 1st rounders, Richardson and Hurst are more like 2nd-3rd round guys right now but could easily rise with good senior years.

That's not counting in potential underclassmen who declare early... Cyrus Kouandjio is likely the best of that bunch and probably another 1st rounder if he comes out early. Antonio Richardson is another junior to watch, he beat out Dallas Thomas for Tennessee's starting LT spot as a sophomore, and will likely declare if he has a good year. So there will be some talent there if the Ravens have a need at OT going into 2014. (These are all LT prospects BTW)
    Hurst has been the starting LT since his freshman year i believe? Yeah def. some options there, and the Ravens would likely have less needs then they have this yr and with a few more compensatory picks coming probably they could have some flexibility to use their natural picks to move up(from 32 :)) if need be.

Blog Entries

By the time the Ravens pick in 2014, all the top LTs will be gone as usual... Bc

I am definetly between brown and minter as best ILB prospects in this draft. I think I am leaning more towards minter tho, may seem petty but brown has problems getting off of blocks(Oregon game)
    Oregon's offense negates LB's by design. I was leery about Brown's poor Fiesta Bowl too, but then I remembered that no LB's do well against Oregon's offense if their team's DL cannot win the line of scrimmage battle with it's base personnel. Kansas St came close to winning that LOS battle, but they had to use extra personnel to do it. By the end of the first half, Oregon adjusted and went to a short/medium passing game to exploit the holes that had developed in the K St defense. And then that's where Oregon's defense is absolutely lethal against LB's and Brown in particular: he had too much space to cover, too many decisions to make, Oregon keyed on him, and he got lost. So I think we can let that Oregon game go for Brown; give him a mulligan.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Oregon's offense negates LB's by design. I was leery about Brown's poor Fiesta Bowl too, but then I remembered that no LB's do well against Oregon's offense if their team's DL cannot win the line of scrimmage battle with it's base personnel. Kansas St came close to winning that LOS battle, but they had to use extra personnel to do it. By the end of the first half, Oregon adjusted and went to a short/medium passing game to exploit the holes that had developed in the K St defense. And then that's where Oregon's defense is absolutely lethal against LB's and Brown in particular: he had too much space to cover, too many decisions to make, Oregon keyed on him, and he got lost. So I think we can let that Oregon game go for Brown; give him a mulligan.
    Watched the whole game and it was pretty clear to me that Oregon schemed 100% for Brown. The game callers made the comment repeatedly that it looked that way too. Brown would be just fine behind our DL.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Matt Zenitz‏@mzenitz12m
    Mel Kiper: ‘No way’ Te’o falls to the Ravens in draft - Carroll County Times: Baltimore #Ravens http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sp...3Fm460.twitter
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Unfortunately, I'll never be able to take Mel Kiper seriously--particularly with respect to Te'o--after he suggested that the Chiefs should take him #1 overall a few months back. That was really the apex of the Te'o overhype train that has just recently completely derailed.

If you want to blame anybody for the carnival atmosphere around Te'o, blame Kiper, Mayock, and a handful of other die-hard Notre Dame fans in the media that went ga-ga over him. I see Kiper is still carrying the torch, so at least he's consistent...

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I'll never be able to take Mel Kiper seriously--particularly with respect to Te'o--after he suggested that the Chiefs should take him #1 overall a few months back. That was really the apex of the Te'o overhype train that has just recently completely derailed.

If you want to blame anybody for the carnival atmosphere around Te'o, blame Kiper, Mayock, and a handful of other die-hard Notre Dame fans in the media that went ga-ga over him. I see Kiper is still carrying the torch, so at least he's consistent...
    I don't take any of the so-called "experts" seriously. Kiper, Mayock, et al, are only there to feed football fans' insatiable appetite for NFL draft speculation. It is really only entertainment. I love the NFL Draft to death, but I take the talking heads with a grain of salt, just as I do the dozens of mock drafts I read online. Guys like Kiper are very lucky because they can miss their picks 100%, try to justify why the GM was an idiot for not taking his guy, and make a ton of money to boot... Bc