Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: All Things Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I dont know why, but Reddick is just a player where I cannot locate his projected rounds. I've seen him in the 4th and in the 2nd. Why is there so much range? He reminds me of a Bobby Wagner type player
    He's bigger than Wagner and not as good in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He's bigger than Wagner and not as good in coverage.
    An inch and 3 pounds (reddick 6-1 243 vs wagner 6-0 240...not much of a difference. Coverage may be correct, but after watching some tape I think Reddick has incredible instincts
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    An inch and 3 pounds (reddick 6-1 243 vs wagner 6-0 240...not much of a difference. Coverage may be correct, but after watching some tape I think Reddick has incredible instincts
    Never knew Wagner was that big, I thought he was more along the lines of Arthur Brown (230). Yeah I agree, Reddick is a good prospect I'm really interested in, I really have no clue where he's going to be going though. The Ravens made him draw up some defensive plays for them at a combine meeting lol, we'll see.

Blog Entries

One of my latest Ravens mock draft would be this:

Trade back to 41 with Buffalo and get their 4th round pick.

41. Matt Elam, S, Florida
    Matt Can play both free and strong safety. We have needs at both right now, and we need more youth/speed on the defensive side. Ozzie indicated he wanted to upgrade the middle of the defense, Elam can be one of the keys to that. Elam can come up and play nickel and cover TE's/slot receivers, he can come up in the box and stuff the run like a mad man, he can come off the edge and bring blitz pretty well, and he can drop back deep as a FS, he is very versatile, and is a perfect fit for a multiple defense like ours.

62. Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
    A lot of people may wonder why he isn't going higher, but this is where he's sitting on my board. Time and time again you see these guys dropping because of the devaluation of the position. He ran a 4.84 at the combine, and has a ridiculous amount of strength, he is a bit of a freak athlete for someone who's 320 lbs. Both Cody and Kemo were awful last year, and need to be replaced/upgraded, Cody is on his way to becoming a bust. Williams is pretty much everything Cody is not, he takes up 3 blockers at times, and was a force on that Bama defense, he allowed the likes of Upshaw, Hightower, Moseley, Barron etc to come up and make plays allowing them room. He is a little versatile and can shift over to play 5 technique if needed. This is the second stage to fixing the defense up the middle. The Dline all of a sudden looks really good with Canty, Ngata, Williams, Arthur Jones, and McPhee in a rotation.

94. Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
    With Boldin traded, we need at least one wide out from this draft, and Swope is a very interesting prospect. Swope has a lot of talent, and could be a good fit for what Caldwell wants to do with this offense. He could be another security blanket for Flacco on 3rd downs, and would compete with Doss for the slot receiver job this year. The concern about Swope is his small hands, but you would never believe he had small hands with some of the catches he made at A&M.

102. Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
    Chris Faulk may have been the 4th best OT prospect in the draft had he not suffered from that season ending injury. The Ravens may want to bring back McKinnie or sign somebody else, but either way, there is a hole at OT right now, and even if they do sign somebody, it wont be a long term option, and Michael Oher is a free agent next year, so the Ravens could be without two legit starting OTs in 2014. The best case scenario is that the Ravens are able to bring back McKinnie, and Faulk can play as a swing tackle for a season, while also providing depth at guard. Faulk may end up starting at RT if Oher ends up leaving which would allow the Ravens to pursue a legit LT in the draft/FA, or see how Faulk can do there. Faulk has good enough arm length, and size to play on either side. He is a bit of a mauler, and probably projects best at RT because of how good he is as a run blocker.

126. Josh Evans, FS, Florida
    Josh Evans was Elams buddy at safety last year pairing up to make one of the best safety tandems in the country. While Elam was coming up making the splash plays and covering TEs, Evans was covering deep playing center fielder. Evans is a very good coverage safety and could end up winning a starting job this year depending on what happens with Reed. If Reed is re-signed, Evans could sit behind Reed for a few years then take over eventually, if not, he could compete with Ihedigbo and Thompson for a starting job, while Elam assumes the other role. It would be interesting to see two Florida safeties playing together.

4th round compensatory pick. Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
    ILB is obviously a big hole on the team, so we'll need to come out of the draft and FA with a couple of guys. Reddick could compete for a job with Bynes and McClain and whoever else we pick up. But let me say that the defensive line is going to be a lot better this year, so I think the LBs are going to benefit from that. Reddick had a really good 2011 season and could have made him self a 2nd-1st rounder this year had he not had a down 2012 season. He has a lot of talent, has good size, and is very athletic. He can cover pretty well, but what I like about him is the fact that he can really hit the gap well and stuff the run, he's also very good at blitzing, and North Carolina had him coming off the edges a lot, which I think Pees can take advantage of.

I wont do other rounds, as it's even more of a crap shoot.

Blog Entries

One of my latest Ravens mock draft would be this:

Trade back to 41 with Buffalo and get their 4th round pick.

41. Matt Elam, S, Florida
    Matt Can play both free and strong safety. We have needs at both right now, and we need more youth/speed on the defensive side. Ozzie indicated he wanted to upgrade the middle of the defense, Elam can be one of the keys to that. Elam can come up and play nickel and cover TE's/slot receivers, he can come up in the box and stuff the run like a mad man, he can come off the edge and bring blitz pretty well, and he can drop back deep as a FS, he is very versatile, and is a perfect fit for a multiple defense like ours.

62. Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
    A lot of people may wonder why he isn't going higher, but this is where he's sitting on my board. Time and time again you see these guys dropping because of the devaluation of the position. He ran a 4.84 at the combine, and has a ridiculous amount of strength, he is a bit of a freak athlete for someone who's 320 lbs. Both Cody and Kemo were awful last year, and need to be replaced/upgraded, Cody is on his way to becoming a bust. Williams is pretty much everything Cody is not, he takes up 3 blockers at times, and was a force on that Bama defense, he allowed the likes of Upshaw, Hightower, Moseley, Barron etc to come up and make plays allowing them room. He is a little versatile and can shift over to play 5 technique if needed. This is the second stage to fixing the defense up the middle. The Dline all of a sudden looks really good with Canty, Ngata, Williams, Arthur Jones, and McPhee in a rotation.

With Boldin traded, we need at least one wide out from this draft, and Swope is a very interesting prospect. Swope has a lot of talent, and could be a good fit for what Caldwell wants to do with this offense. He could be another security blanket for Flacco on 3rd downs, and would compete with Doss for the slot receiver job this year. The concern about Swope is his small hands, but you would never believe he had small hands with some of the catches he made at A&M.

102. Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
    Chris Faulk may have been the 4th best OT prospect in the draft had he not suffered from that season ending injury. The Ravens may want to bring back McKinnie or sign somebody else, but either way, there is a hole at OT right now, and even if they do sign somebody, it wont be a long term option, and Michael Oher is a free agent next year, so the Ravens could be without two legit starting OTs in 2014. The best case scenario is that the Ravens are able to bring back McKinnie, and Faulk can play as a swing tackle for a season, while also providing depth at guard. Faulk may end up starting at RT if Oher ends up leaving which would allow the Ravens to pursue a legit LT in the draft/FA, or see how Faulk can do there. Faulk has good enough arm length, and size to play on either side. He is a bit of a mauler, and probably projects best at RT because of how good he is as a run blocker.

126. Josh Evans, FS, Florida
    Josh Evans was Elams buddy at safety last year pairing up to make one of the best safety tandems in the country. While Elam was coming up making the splash plays and covering TEs, Evans was covering deep playing center fielder. Evans is a very good coverage safety and could end up winning a starting job this year depending on what happens with Reed. If Reed is re-signed, Evans could sit behind Reed for a few years then take over eventually, if not, he could compete with Ihedigbo and Thompson for a starting job, while Elam assumes the other role. It would be interesting to see two Florida safeties playing together.

4th round compensatory pick. Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
    ILB is obviously a big hole on the team, so we'll need to come out of the draft and FA with a couple of guys. Reddick could compete for a job with Bynes and McClain and whoever else we pick up. But let me say that the defensive line is going to be a lot better this year, so I think the LBs are going to benefit from that. Reddick had a really good 2011 season and could have made him self a 2nd-1st rounder this year had he not had a down 2012 season. He has a lot of talent, has good size, and is very athletic. He can cover pretty well, but what I like about him is the fact that he can really hit the gap well and stuff the run, he's also very good at blitzing, and North Carolina had him coming off the edges a lot, which I think Pees can take advantage of.

I wont do other rounds, as it's even more of a crap shoot.
    If Ozzie bagged those guys, I'd do my Ravens dance (although my wife, daughter, and friends have told me never to do it again)... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If Ozzie bagged those guys, I'd do my Ravens dance (although my wife, daughter, and friends have told me never to do it again)... Bc
    what would your sister in law do? lol

Blog Entries

what would your sister in law do? lol
    She usually goes through my wallet when I'm in a Ravens state of mind.
    "Now where did that $50 dollar bill go to?" ... Bc

Leach if that was our draft...I don't even know how to explain what I'd do.

I fully support the idea of grabbing Evans and Elam. Having a rookie safety is very hard, but bringing in two that compliment eachother and already have chemistry from day 1 is a pretty good idea.

Faulk being our project LT I like and I really like Reddick and Williams.

This would be insane if it happened
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I like Swope, but multiple concussions scare me...especially with a slot guy.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I like Swope, but multiple concussions scare me...especially with a slot guy.
    What's your take on Harper btw? I heard the Ravens are very interested in him. He reminds me of AnQuan Boldin.

Blog Entries

The Ravens had DJ Fluker in for a private work out. This guy is strong as hell, and has really long arms.

What's your take on Harper btw? I heard the Ravens are very interested in him. He reminds me of AnQuan Boldin.
    I actually took the note this morning to go back and watch him closer.
    It's creepy how much he physically resembles Boldin. However, he didn't stand-out when I watched him back in January, so I'm curious to see what has impressed our FO. His Combine numbers scream "power" more so than "athletic" (which is fine), and he has good sized hands too. His numbers are okay considering how average of a QB Klein was/is ---no WR looked particularly good in that crap passing game lol.

I also want to re-watch Ryan Spadola too. No idea if we are interested though.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver